cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Java Application in NWDS or NWA

0 Kudos

Hello,

Can someone provide the directions/settings to stop an application using NWDS or NWA? When I go to stop our application either using NWDS or NWA, the application stops as expected. But when I access the application, it is still up. When I go back to the tool, is shows as started. We would like the application to remain stopped until we decide to start. Is there a setting or steps that I am missing?

Steps to recreate:

NWDS:

Go to Repository Explorer view

Right click and stop the application

NWA:

Configuration --> Infrastructure --> Applicaiton Resources --> More Actions --> Start Applications

Filter to my application

Stop Application

Thanks,
Heather

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for looking into this. The answer ended up being in a note my basis team found. We are looking into the different options to figure out which one is best for our application:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1889376

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is a custom development, then you could use a boolean property "active" and make it online modifiable. So you can switch the property on runtime as you want.

Regards Tobias

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

seems no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,

Traverse to this point to start/stop the java application:

NWA 7.0: nwa--->System Management--->Administration--->Applications--->(Detailed navigation panel)

search the application and click on start/stop button and then Refresh to see the status of the application.

NWA 7.3:  nwa--->Operations--->Start & Stop--->Java Applications.

Search for the application and then click on Start/Stop button as required.

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,

You can stop java applications by navigating...

Go to Operations Management --> System --> click the Start & Stop link.

The Start & Stop: Java EE Applications window opens.

Click the Java EE Application tab and select the relevant application in The Application List.

The Portal Services pane displays the services associated with the selected application.

Use the buttons Start or Stop.

You can also do this via telnet.

Manage java applications using telnet - SAP Netweaver Application Server Java - SCN Wiki=

Regards,

Prithviraj.

0 Kudos

Thanks Prithviraj.

I followed your steps, but after I click Stop, the application remains up. I am able to access the application and when I go back into the Start & Stop screen, it shows as Started.  I would expect the application would not be available, and that it would remain stopped until I started it again. Have you seen this before?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,

Did you try stopping the application using Telnet?

Also, please check defaulttrace.log to see if any error is reported.

Regards,

Prithviraj.