cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction code authorization check in Persona URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me how to add TCode authorization check in Persona URL. Is there any parameter to check the Tcode authorization for user Personas 3.0?

Thanks

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here issue is user don't have authorization for few transacation codes. for example user don't have a authorization for IW51 transaction code.

We have designed launchpad for SMEN transaction and make that one as a default flavor. so when ever user access persona flavor launchpad screen will appear.

And we mapped Persona flavor URLs to our web portal. whenever user don't have a authorization for any transaction it is taking to dashboard screen first. when we are clicking the tile on the portal i need to validate the authorization of the user. can you please help me on this.

Regards,

Ramesh

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Why do you want to validate the transaction authorization yourself? As it was explained earlier, validation will take place anyways when the user clicks on the tile leading to the personalized transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

For your more information, User have access to SAP but for few Tcodes user might don't have the access. In this case when user accessing the url it is taking to launchpad screen(This is a flavor of SMEN and it is defaulted to all users).

Regards,

Ramesh

gaurav_anadkat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes Ramesh, SMEN flavor will appear. Then if you are calling another transaction from that tile & the user is not authorized it will give you error same as SAP GUI. You can't bypass that.

Can you tell me if you want to validate anything else?

gaurav_anadkat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Personas TCode authorizations will be same as User PFCG role access(S_TCODE). If you want to explicitly restrict user who has S_TCODE Authorization, to create or edit personas flavors for that transaction, you can use P_EDIT & P_RUNTIME Objects to set P_APP_ID field.

Regards,

Gaurav

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Please read the Personas 3.0 Administration Guide wiki, specially the "User and Role Maintenance" section. An important excerpt regarding your question:

"...

To see a full list of Roles and the corresponding Authorizations please see the Configuration Guide

..."

Kind regards,

Cris