Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Note Print Output

ajmal_siddiqui
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have a requirement in which a specific text has to printed on delivery notes for one sales organization. This output determination procedure is being used by multiple sales org so i can't make this text embedded into standard text. My questions is, is there any way through customizing in which we can have print text on delivery notes based on certain conditions, such as if sales org is 0001, then only print this note.

I am looking to see if this can be done without customizing.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ajmal Siddiqui

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is probably some misunderstanding.

Delivery output determination procedures only list the output types (additionally assigned to printforms) that can be determined for a specific delivery type or delivery item. It is up to you to decide whether the same output type, therefore a certain smartform, will be used in multiple sales organizations - you maintain condition records to do that.

Even if the same printform is used to print delivery notes for several organizations in your company, this does not mean that you cannot make any changes in SMARTFORMS/SE71/SFP.

For example, you can print SO10 texts or some descriptions based on defined condition (field name and value) in SMARTFORMS. Depending on the current logic in your form (many companies adapt the standard ones to their needs, so it is hard to tell what is your case), this adjustment may or may not involve development effort. It might involve customizing, for example, if you wish to determine the text from the delivery document and decide to create new textIDs to use in the form and change the text determination procedure.

Your client's requirement is fairly common - you can see examples with texts printed on condition even in the standard LE_SHP_DELNOTE. If you are struggling with the concepts, I strongly recommend that you read more on the topic before you start working on such assignments.

ajmal_siddiqui
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Veselina,

Thanks for your response. For this requirement, we are using SAPScript forms instead of SAP Smart-Forms. I have already considered to fulfil this requirement by maintain a defined condition in standard text.

I don't think creating a new text ID will be helpful as this will affect all sales organization that is using this form.

Thanks for your response,

Ajmal

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajmal,

just because all sales organizations use a certain form does not mean that you cannot perform any customizing activities .

As I have no idea what text you are trying to include, I mentioned an alternative to SO10 to get such text into a form - from the sales document.

You mention that a new text ID will affect printouts in all sales organizations - if you manage to determine the text in one sales organization (e.g. text on KNVV level) and print it in your form, I don't see an issue.

Yes, in SAPScript you can also define conditions for printing texts.

I have already considered to fulfil this requirement by maintain a defined condition in standard text.

I am not sure that I understood that, but if you meant SO10 text printed when a condition is fulfilled, then is there any reason why you don't wish to do that? If a specific logic, which you need, does not not exist at all in the printform, you cannot avoid changing it.

If your doubts on the subject are cleared, close the discussion - here is how to do that: .

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Veselina,

Yes, there is plenty of material to read and learn about SO10 and text. My question is related to the text approach. Where do suggest the original text will be maintained? So that this flows in to the SAP delivery document and then printed on the delivery note?

TW

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As we have absolutely no idea what purpose this "specific text" should serve, at what point the correct information is available, on what it depends, should it be protected from changes, do we need it for reporting, what is the cardinality, it is hard to suggest where it is most appropriate to maintain it - in the master data, in the document itself, in SO10 texts, z-tables etc.

For example I had a case, where we had to issue text information related to customs, which varied per customer (in reality per customer region), but in some cases the users had to change it in the document itself (time-frame), so having some text transferred from customer master data to the document with the option to edit it was an obvious solution.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Veselina,

Thanks!

same text, maintenance effort.

The main thought was that if we use text id do we need to maintain the same text in multiple places, for example if we choose to maintain text at customer master level, then we need to maintain it in all customers. This would increase the maintenance activity, during the initial maintenance and when this text needs to be changed.

Again if we setup a process of maintaining the text in the SAP delivery, then it is a significant regular maintenance effort.

From that point of view, would text id in outbound delivery be not such a good option.

Not sure if we can maintain in SO10 and then pull it to the text id in the SAP delivery. If we use SO10, then maybe calling it from the smartform would be a better option.

If we maintain the text in a custom table and want to pull it to the text id in the SAP delivery, then can this be done only with configuration? is this standard?

note: This questions are from a learning pov, as you have correctly said the details are not sufficient to make any conclusive suggestions for this thread.

TW

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From my perspective, the first priority is to get the correct information in the printout (or whatever method of sending data is needed), especially if you have to comply with legal regulations.

Again if we setup a process of maintaining the text in the SAP delivery, then it is a significant regular maintenance effort.

From that point of view, would text id in outbound delivery be not such a good option.

The idea is that if in most cases in the documents you use the pre-defaulted text from master data, only when you need to change it, then there is some maintenance effort. Anyway, if the information that you will issue can be verified only after delivery creation and out of the system, you have to update the document somehow via a standard tcode or a custom program.

If you use texts from customer master data in forms, this does not mean that you have to maintain them for all customers - only for the ones you need, if there is no text, you simply don't print it.

And if the texts can vary per customer in the same sales area, then SO10 is not the best solution, because it offers less transparency for key users, not to mention that in some companies the key users are responsible also for monitoring/maintaining the correctness of master data, but I am yet to see a key/end user with SO10 maintenance authorization in a productive environment. Even if they have a big list of customers to update initially, they can request mass upload.

In some cases - where the cardinality of data is low, but you need complex rules to determine texts in forms, I have seen z-tables used instead of directly applying conditions for SO10 texts in the smartform, with a custom maintenance transaction or SM30 view. For example combinations of values in certain fields determine SO10 text A, while for other combinations with and/or you get B/C/D, and instead of transporting the printform/printforms every time you need to adapt the logic, you can do that with simple configuration.

I prefer to request conditions for SO10 texts directly in forms in very simple cases - only a choice between a few separate texts, which are rarely changed, centrally maintained, no complex rules for determination and of course if it makes no sense to get them from the document.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajmal Siddiqui wrote:

For this requirement, we are using SAPScript forms instead of SAP Smart-Forms. I have already considered to fulfil this requirement by maintain a defined condition in standard text.

I don't think creating a new text ID will be helpful as this will affect all sales organization that is using this form.

It does not matter whether you use SAPScript or SmartForms (although I'd urge you to start discontinuing SAPScript since - thank goodness! - it won't exist in S/4HANA). Both have an ability to add a simple condition in the form to specify when the text needs to be printed. Adding a new text ID won't affect "all sales organizations", as long as the correct condition is used.

Specific implementation details may differ. As Veselina noted, in a scenario when both Sales Org # and text ID are unlikely to change a simple condition for Sales Org can be added to the form. Or it can be as elaborate as required.

ajmal_siddiqui
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

My requirement is to have specific text on delivery note to meet customs regulation for Europe. The text will remain the same but it will need to printed out in different languages depending on the sales org., warehouse number and language ( assigned in customer master). 

I am not sure if a custom table is required or should SO10 be able to meet this requirement by maintain text with conditional logic?

Thank you,

Ajmal

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Custom tables are not required to develop solutions, this was an example for TW.

Sometimes there is more than one way to fulfill the same business requirement and it is up to you as a consultant to evaluate the options when you prepare the solution proposal.

If you are not sure what is possible or a good practice in printforms, you can discuss that with your developer, he can give you feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear!

If it is a fixed text for a specific sales org, did not you think about putting this directly on your template?

Rgds,

ajmal_siddiqui
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcio,

Thanks for your response. The same template is being used across various sales organization so making it a fixed text won't fulfil this requirement.

Thanks,

Ajmal Siddiqui