cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaggregation Expression & Adjusted KF

marc_laberge
Participant

Hi,

According to the Model Configuration Guide (page 37), when creating a Disaggregation Expression the following restrictions apply:

• All the key figures in the expression must be stored and must have the same base planning level as the key figure for which the expression is defined.
  • All the attributes must be from the base planning level of the key figure for which the expression is defined

I'm wondering why this is and how am I supposed to disaggregate an adjusted key figure.

Our normal adjusted key figures are both calculated and stored, by default they take the value from another key figure or the value that was manually adjusted by the user.

The formula will look something like this:

IF(ISNULL("KFADJ@PERPROD"),"KFINIT@PERPROD","KFADJ@PERPROD")

In our example, KFINIT is a calculated value and KFADJ is a stored value.

If I use the same formula as a disaggregation expression, I cannot change the value manually because it gives me server errors in Excel.

If I put not formula, if I change the value at a aggregated level, it would be disaggregated only on the base of the stored values (so the KF value that were manually changed at the base planning level).

So this is as designed I guess, and there is no way to go around it ?

I need to create a KFINITSTORED and do a copy operator first ?

Thanks,

Marc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217157
Active Participant

Hi Marc,

You have a defaulting calculation here. Assuming you have selected both stored and calculated checkboxes for this KF1 in configuration, the defaulting expression gets auto generated when you activate  the model. However for this to happen, as mentioned in model reference guide, the stored input KFs that go into the calculation chain should have the same base planning level as KF1.

In your case, if KFINIT (calculated KF) is calculated based on stored KFs in its calculation chain at PERPROD level, then the system on activation correctly puts the disaggregtion expression.

If KFINIT has other planning levels eg KFINIT@PERPRD = SUM(KF2@PERPRODCUST) , then this will not work for diaggregation expression as it is based on calcualted KF at different plan level. So for this you need to use a Copy Operator to store KFINIT to KFINITSTORED and use in disagg expression. Other alternative is use ADVSIM operator but not recommended if you can do with Copy operator,

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Raghav

Answers (0)