Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from IBP 5.0 to 6.1 – impacts on HCI-DS

former_member288194
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are soon going to migrate from IBP 5.0 to 6.1 and we are trying to anticipate the efforts that this will require.

I wonder what are the impacts on HCI-DS :

• Is it still the same HCI system (same URL)?

• IBP 6.1 will have the same datastore type as IBP 5.0? The new system 6.1 will only be a new instance in the dropdown list? If it is the case, the new IBP system will only be a new “configuration” of your IBP datastore.

• When we will re-create the Production planning area in IBP 6.1 :
    • Master Data Tables names won’t change ; consequently the dataflows won’t change
    • Key figure tables names (source and target) will change, because we cannot control the names IBP gives ; consequently we will have to “replicate to new target” all key figure jobs.

Is it correct?

• Other changes which could be expected? (new mandatory global variables / new table structures / etc …)

Thanks a lot,

Pierre

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi  Pierre,

Here is my feedback, after being involved in IBP migration from 4 to 6:

• HCI url / organization are the same
  • There will be a new instance of IBP (pointing to the new 6.1 system) so that you can run HCI jobs against this system
  • No impact on existing metadata (master data or key figure table structure or naming). No need to replicate any dataflow to new target

Good luck with the migration,

Alecsandra

former_member288194
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alecsandra,

Thanks for your answer, it helps a lot!

How can you be sure that the Key figure tables will have the same names in IBP 5.0 and 6.1 ?

Their names are usually a concatenate of the source planning area and current planning area.

For example our table timeseries (target for Key figure) is called "SOPDD_STAGING_KFTAB_CONFIGPRODUCTION" ; because our PRODUCTION Planning Area is a copy of CONFIG planning area.

When we will re-create manually the PRODUCTION planning area in 6.1, we will create a copy of SAP4 and then add our specific attributes and key figures.

The name of the table timeseries will probably become something like : "SOPDD_STAGING_KFTAB_SAP4PRODUCTION".

Am I right ?

Thanks,

Pierre

Alecsandra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

In our case it was an automatic process, so the same planning area structure was migrated to the new system. If you go for manual migration (the only one available now from IBP 5 to 6) and recreate from scratch, then yes, the kf table name will be different.

I don't know if it is possible to have a custom KF table name so that you would avoid the dataflow replication to new target...maybe someone from SAP support team can clarify.

Regards

Alecsandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

At least that is a good news if we only have to take care of DF related to KF and not to MD

Replication will take a bit longer when DF are having sources such as FFiles but the HCI core metadata will remain the same which will make things easier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the process to be followed to migrate the existing HCI jobs pointing to IBP5.0  to the new planning area in IBP6.1?

I am aware of the steps to migrate to a different planning area if the system is the same. We can do it by Copying the Subtask to a new target table. But this is not possible if I have to migrate to the new PA of new system since the target connection is still pointing to the old datastore and not available to edit.

Am I making clear?

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You should be able to create a new Datastore configuration by clicking on the + from your Datastore configuration screen in HCI.

From there you will see new Instance / Tenant referring to IBP 6.1

Finally from System configuration on top of the screen, select the right Datastore with the new configuration. Import tables from 6.1 in your IBP Datastore copy Dataflow to new target and you should be fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Julien,

I first created a new datastore configuration in my existing datastore by clicking the little Plus sign and pointed this to the new IBP instance.

Step 2: I went into the systems configuration tab and created a new configuration and pointed this to the new datastore configuration.

Now if I go back to my datastores tab, select the datastore and go into the tables tab --> Click on import. I am still seeing the planning areas from my old instance only.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You did not make your new Datastore configuration DEFAULT. Mark it as default and then it will become the default one, HCI will know where to look when your 6.1 will be the default one

Hope this helps,

Julien

Answers (0)