Did you mean: 

JCO3 Beginners question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

trying to run the JCO example stepbystepClient.java example

I am working on defining a destination as explained in help.sap.com

Questions

1) Is it true that the code provided in the example does not have the Destination Definitions anywhere ? or am I missing something ?

2) When defining a destination. how is it that I do not see a setting of the SAP IP anywhere ? my Java code should know how to connect to SAP system that is on another machine somewhere but where do I define its IP ?

is it here:

ConnectProperties.setProperty(DestinationDataProvider.JCO_ASHOST, "ls4065") ?

Thank you

Eyal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arshid

I read the link you provided.

We are working on SAP ECC6 not SBO, we are connecting to it from an external product running on Tomcat. The tomcat is located on a different machine (not the SAP machine) . The tomcat is in our office and the SAP is at the client's site.

The link you provided is dealing with SBO, It is probably not the same as ECC6.

Any further help will be appreciated

Eyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eyal,

I have definitely done this some 9 years ago, connecting Java Enterprise Application on Tomcat to SAP R/3 with sapjco. Not able to find online any step by step solution to it, have a look at below document which is somewhat near to it.

http://www.sapdev.co.uk/java/jco/bapi_jco.pdf

By the way, SAPJCO is not the only way you can do data transfer with SAP, there are other easy ways as well like REST based API(NetWeaver Gateway OData services) and SAP Webservices.

Thanks,

Arshid

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1949433

Hi Eyal,

It depends whether you are using SAP Java Application Server or some other AS like Tomcat etc.

If you are using SAP JAVA AS then your destination settings are all done in NetWeaver otherwise you will need to connect with explicit java code.

Have a look at above SCN thread.

Thanks,

Arshid