Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Factory and RA not required in Proxy-->PO 7.5

shankul_saxena
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are upgrading to PO 7.5 by August and right now practising for PO 7.5. We have tried working on IDOC and Proxy(SOAP over XI). We have seen that while setting up IDOC communication from ECC to PO we need to maintain the inboundRA and connection factory in NWA where as for receiver we need to  maintain outboundRA and connection factory in NWA. Resource adapters are basically the connector between ABAP system and JAVA based systems( SAP PO). But we found that Resource adapters are not required for Proxy communication in PO as it is also coming from ABAP system to PO.

Can you explain in detail that why we don't need a RA and connection factory for Proxy communication but it is required in IDOC communication?

Regards,

Shankul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankul,

• SAP PO to ECC the proxy communication is based on HTTP protocol, so both ABAP and JAVA can understand the HTTP protocol so we dont need any JCO communication between when it is proxy.
  • SAP PO to ECC or ECC to PO the IDoc communication is based on tRFC protocol, tRFC protocol is SAP proprietary protocol, PO is based on java so dont understand about tRFC protocol, so we need to use JCO connection between ABAP and JAVA system.

Regards,

Praveen.

shankul_saxena
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks praveen.

Also can you tell me that what is the difference between Connection factory and Resource adapter. As far as I know Resource adapter is used to convert ABAP calls to Java and vice-versa.

In PI 7.1, we were using JCo RFC Provider which was using for the same purpose but we are not using it here in our system.

Regards,

Shankul

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankul,

Check my reply in below thread

The SAP JRA implements the JCA (J2EE Connector Architecture) specification 1.0. It internally uses the SAP JCo and wraps the JCo APIs in order to offer the standard APIs specified by the JCA 1.0 (J2EE Connector Architecture).

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (0)