cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical Monitoring with Solution Manager on-cloud

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We want to activate the technical monitoring in a Solution manager on-cloud to monitoring a SAP HANA database on-premise.

Our solution manager (7.1 SP14) is on-cloud.

How we can connect the diagnostic agent installed on the managed system (HANA) to DAA in SAP Solution Manager on-cloud  to push the relevant metrics?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew

You're going to need to be more specific .

If "on-cloud" means hosted in a cloud environment then it's like it would be on-premise really so it's a matter of allowing connectivity / communication pass through.

For example, SAP Solution Manager 7.1 (SP14) would run on Amazon AWS - EC2 cloud and your SAP HANA system on-premise. In that case you need to ensure connectivity between those systems is possible so your diagnostics agent can send data to SAP Solution Manager. This can be done in multiple ways depending on requirements (including security requirements). One way could be using a VPN tunnel between your on-premise world and Amazon AWS in this example. Another way (less secure) could be using a public IP address without a VPN tunnel or dedicated line.

The above post Yogesh refers to won't match what you're looking for if I get what you're trying to say based on the little information that is available.

Best regards

Tom

0 Kudos

Hi guy,

Thank you for your time.

Tom, i think the scenario proposed by you is what we are planning.

A Solution Manager on-cloud Amazon AWS, HANA System on-premise and 2 sap router between of them. In this scenario can the diagnostic agent collects data and send to Solution Manager?

Regards,

Andrew

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew

That should be possible, you can find information in other threads on this:

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3367675

Best regards

Tom

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

Hope this blog below helps.

Please let me know if your requirement is different.

Regards,

Yogesh