Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message determination

spanigra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

If I want to print message type in different language then where I need to set-up ?

Example in ECC we can set in out-put conditon record as well as customer master data.

So in GTS where I can maintain ?

Second- How to find the print program in SAP GTS for printing of message type. In ECC I can find through NACE.

Please advise.

Appreciate if you can confirm at the earliest.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

spanigra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vaibhav and Updhaya,

If I want to print language in DE then in Configuration it should be DE as well as in BP it should be DE correct ?

Why I am asking because currently it's printing in EN. If I will see in my configuration it's DE and BP it's EN.

Second- How I will differentiate it should go by Print output, E-mail, FAX, EDI etc. Like in ECC we do in out-put configuration as well as in master data maintain.

Regards

Ravi

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I did not find language settings in configuration. You may explore this further.

To answer your second question, we define in action definition (PPF Settings), the medium in which we want to communicate with custom authorities, whether its print, email or idoc etc.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

spanigra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Vaibhav,

I tried to find out but could not reach my destiny. I checked "Define condtion/output parameter for communication of general doc. I have attached screen shot for your reference.

In addition to above path I checked rest of the steps as well in communication process but could not get those option.

Ravi

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I can see the processing type column against Action Definitions. This is nothing but communication medium. You can double click on the action definition and see the details in the bottom section of the screen.

Later on, these actions definitions are assigned to messages.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

spanigra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

I able to see the details at the buttom as you can see in the attached screen shot. It's showing on left side External communication.But where I can switch from External communication to some other parameter ?

Second thing in Action definition description is "Shipper letter of instruction". If I want to see in the message type I do not get such. How I will know which is the action definition behind Shipper letter of instruction.

Another things as you can see Communication method field. If I will click on another action definition this field does not appear so where is the setting ?

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Action definitions are later assigned to messages and other details comes from another node in the configuration. Refer my earlier reply for SPRO path for both the nodes.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

udai88
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

first check the output messages in the IMG:

Global Trade Services

> Customs Management

>> Communication Processes

>>> Define Messages for Communication Processes

obtain the Action Definition

Then go up the IMG to activity:

>>> Define Technical Medium for Messages (PPF Actions) for General Documents

Go to the corresponding Action profile for country and give Action Definition

select it an click Processing Types ..you will get corresponding form

Regards

Udhaya.S

spanigra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

If I want to print message type in different language then where I need to set-up ?

Example in ECC we can set in out-put conditon record as well as customer master data.

So in GTS where I can maintain ?

Second- How to find the print program in SAP GTS for printing of message type. In ECC I can find through NACE.

Please advise.

Appreciate if you can confirm at the earliest.

Thanks

Ravi

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can find the technical settings in Action Definition linked to your message. Also, we maintain language settings at BP level same like you maintain in customer data in ECC.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

spanigra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kul,

Can you please tell the exact menu path in IMG. Because I could not get in communication process.

Regards

Ravi

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Below nodes might be helpful in your case:

1) Customs Management->Communication Process->Define Messages for Communication Process

2) Customs Management->Communication Process->Define Technical Medium for Messages(PPF Actions) for General Documents

regards,

Kul Vaibhav