Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete payload in runtime of SAP PI 7.31 single stack

former_member387652
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working on SAP PI 7.31 SP11 single stack on File to IDoc_AAE scenario and I noticed the payload received to PI has last node missing under custom segment in IDoc but whereas it is present in the outbound IDoc triggered to PI but missing in runtime payload & I cross checked the structure with IDoc adapter monitor, in ESR but in all places last node in custom segment is present whereas it is absent on the runtime payload in PI. Please find the below screen shots.

Runtime payload snippet:

ESR snippet on custom segment:

IDoc metadata monitor structure snippet:

WE02 snippet of IDoc in ECC:

As a temporary fix I already deleted/preloaded/reloaded the meta data in PI system but after a few days the messages relating to this interface are getting failed due to the incomplete payload issue with last node missing which in turn mapped to a mandatory element in receiver data structure.

Kindly guide me to fix this permanently.

Thanks,

Naveen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naveen,

Try stop/starting the channel.

I stil doubt metdata could be a problem,

Try restarting the server node with the help of basis

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP PI 7.3 single stack, though the Meta data cannot be imported through IDX2 , the meta data has to be refreshed.

Though we can see the value going out through the payload, the value doesn't reach the ECC system.

The only solution to this in SAP PI7.3 is to restart the system , so that the meta data gets refreshed. This issue has been addressed in SAP PI 7.31 .

Please check and let us know, if this works for you.

Regards

S Tomar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for your response but can you please let us now what changes have you done to refresh the meta data ?

Share your work around with us, so that it can be helpful for others too in case the inputs provided by all of us didn't helped much for the requirement.

Many Thanks..!!

Regards

S Tomar

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes correct Tomar,

@Naveen.Please give the solution and close the thread.

former_member387652
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tomar, Raghu,

Nothing new I did, firstly I deleted the metadata from moni and then I just re-imported the IDoc once again from ECC. As of now the IDocs are flowing so I am closing the thread but if I face any issue I might reopen the thread.

Thanks,

Naveen.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naveen, what happens to the meta data once the z segment goes missing? Does it still contain that segment? The only thing I can think of

• meta data getting overwritten through another repository.are you having multiple repository in the idoc ra configuration?
  • Are there multiple app servers on your PI server? Not sure if that has a direct implications but worth an analysis.
former_member387652
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thank you for your time, the messages are flowing without any issue ,I will monitor the behaviour for next few days and get back to you.

are you having multiple repository in the idoc ra configuration?

- No only single repository.

Are there multiple app servers on your PI server?

- No .

Thanks,

Naveen.

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Is your problem resolved ?

Regards

S Tomar

former_member387652
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tomar,

As of now working fine,I will confirm after monitoring the behaviour for a few days.

Thanks,

Naveen.

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

The Problem is with the Meta data.Try to re-load the meta data again in the IDOC monitoring.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sahithi,

He already did this, he mentioned in the thread.

As a temporary fix I already deleted/preloaded/reloaded the meta data in PI system but after a few days the messages relating to this interface are getting failed due to the incomplete payload issue with last node missing

Regards,

Praveen.