cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an Existing SAPUI5 Application to a site in HANA cloud portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to HANA Cloud portal. I have created a standalone SAPUI5 Application following the below steps:

SAP HANA Cloud Platform

I have not set any destinations since I am using dummy data for now. The app works fine standalone but when I add it to a site in the HANA cloud portal the application fails with the error "could not open App.Try again Later". I have followed the below steps. Please let me know if I have missed put anything:-

1) Created a site from the site directory screen with a blank site temppplate.

2) Next I selected the app I want to add into the site from the account apps section and added it.

3) Then when I try to add it as a menu configuration it shows up in the list and gets added but when I publish the site I get the above error mentioned.

Am I missing any step or doing it wrong altogether? BTW I am using a HANA trial account for now.

Also, I would like to know whether this is the correct way to do it. Also, any documentation on the same will be helpful

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create 2 types of sites.

1. Fiori Launch Pad site

2. Free Style site

You created a Free Style site if this indeed the site type you were interested in, please do the following:

1. Create the Starter Site

2. Hover the site tile and click on Edit and the site desgner will be open in a new tab

3. In the pages&apps panel on the left side , click on the +  icon in the bottom of the screen

4. choose "new app" and select the app you have developed

5. Now go to the menu on the left side under the logo and click on site services

6. click on menu configuration

7. under display name enter the title you are interested , under type choose application , under navigation target choose you app

8. publish site and see if your app is part of the menu

If you wish for a Fiori Launchpad site let me know and I will provide the required steps for this kind of site

Goodluck,

Yair

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yair,

Works like a charm now!!!!!

Regards,

Deepak

0 Kudos

hello Deepak,

please also try to create an FLP site and add your application to it.

also please collect fail info using the F12 console and add to this discussion.

best regards,

Run

0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

Here is the link to the documentation:

SAP HANA Cloud Portal

Best,

Nili