cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IR objects i found an Action Object? What is the use of Action and what is the business Scenario to use?Is it Required to Create Interfaces

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have some doubt about actions in SAP PI. I did not use this upto now as many years of experience I have, but I want to know about action in IR and how is useful and how to develop interface by using this? what is the use of this?

Regards,

Kiran Polani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Check this document for more information

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

PFB answers :-

1)is it required to create MM,OM while using Action Concept in Process integration Scenario.

yes

2)What is the difference between manual Creation of Interface?

Not much difference just an add on as it provides you with an overview of the process and the process flow as it summarizes all objects that are involved in the process together like Interface objects, mapping objects and executable integration processes from the Enterprise Services Repository etc.we can can access all of these objects from one object. and only disadvantage i can see is It only provides a limited template in creating repository objects.

Hope this answers your query..!!

Regards,

S Tomar

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

Apart from referring above link,the advantages of using action objects is that this approach is more model based approach wherein you model the process flow and then go for implementing the actual scenario.

If you want to use Process Integration Scenarios, you need to create actions.

then in ID, it is possible to configure a scenario using "Tools"->"Apply Model from ESR" and import the ProcessIntegrationScenario to create the scenario, instead of Tools->Configuration Wizard->Internal Communication, to create the scenario.

Let us now if you still have some doubts on this...!!

Regards

S Tomar

former_member190681
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Tomar,

1)is it required to create MM,OM while using Action Concept in Process integration Scenario.

2)What is the difference between manual Creation of Interface?

Which one is better for performance and development aspects.
Regards,

Kiran Polani

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

Developments are same.

Its a simplified model and easy to configure.

Perforamce wise same as botth normal and Process Integration scenarios are same.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

1) You can create MM and OM for two operations and assign it to two actions in process integration scenario.

2) When you create process integration scenario then you need to create actions, actually with in the action we refer service interface operation. design perspective process integration scenario give you more graphical representation of the scenario and you can quickly create the directory objects based on process integration scenario.Performance wise both same there is no impact on performance.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

Action objects when you use model configurator(process Integration Scenario) for ICO/Classical scenario objects.

You can create model and use the same in ID.

Check the below links to work on the same

Using the Process Model as a Configuration Template - Integration Directory - SAP Library