cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI7.31(dual stack) to SAP PO 7.5

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Could someone guide me if it wise to move from SAP PI 7.31(dual stack) with only 4 small BPM scenarios to SAP PO(Single stack +BPM+BRM) 7.5?

I do understand that SAP has a Content migration tool to help move dual stack objects to a single stack.

However as I understand to utilize PO 7.5 to its true powers we need to create the I-Flows.

In this case should all the present scenarios should be built again from scratch.

I am currently looking at finding ways of cost reduction and time spent on the upgrade please suggest with the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • You can use the Integration Directory Migration tool. This as you rightly understood will migrate Classical to ICO.
  • When performing this migration, you also have the option to suggest Migrate to IFlow. If you select this option, Your Integration Flows will also be created. Check this blog

So, you can use the Integration Directory cockpit to migrate scenarios from Classical to iFlows ( in turn ICOs ).

• For 4 Small BPM that are present in your landscape, what are these BPM patterns? I would suggest you look at these and say - hey is there something that is new in PO that can be leveraged to migrate to a ICO / IFlow? If you can share the patterrns, we can also provide a suggestion.
  • If a direct workaround is not possible, then you would need to use a PO BPM or other alternates.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bhavesh for the info.

Just one more question out of curosity. ECC system (proxy) can connect to one PI system at a time. So, if we use ECC DEV to point to PO DEV. How we can work for any changes required in exiting PI scenario during the timeframe of migration.

Regards,

Alam

Answers (0)