Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Info Structure SAP_SRB_MATBEL1 - adding fields

bryan_fairbank
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding MM archiving info structure SAP_DRB_MATBE1. We have activated this and have been using it for a while now. We want to add the batch field to the field catalogue. How can this done? Adding the field to the info structure isn't a problem. However the SAP table ZARIXZMM4 associated with the info structure is active with millions of records in it. Is there any way to add the batch field to the info structure and then regenerate this table with the batch number included?

thanks, Bryan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you cannot update the ZARIXZMM4 with the batch field.

you will have to fill up the information for  new infostructure again

bryan_fairbank
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Satya for the response. So do I need to create a different info structure and include the batch field or can I add the batch field to info structure SAP_SRB_MATBEL1 and recreate the table ZARIXMM4.

0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want to add a new field to an existing archive information structure, you will need to delete the entries in the current one and delete the table.  Add the new field, and re-populate the archive information structure.

You could have 2 archive information structures, but, that would mean added space in the database.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

bryan_fairbank
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Karin. So I delete the entries and the current table associated with info structure SAP_DRB_MATBEL1 (ZARIXMM4). Add the batch field to the info structure and re-activate the info structure. I then re populate the info structure.. How do I do this and do all of the entries that were in the previous version of the table come back, the only difference being the batch number is now included?

Bryan.

0 Kudos

To re-fill the new archive info structure, just go to SARI -> Status.  Select the Status per Archive for the relevant archive object, and then select the archive sessions.  I would do them in batches (not all of them at once). It will only process one file at a time, but, it may be a long running job which is why I would recommend to do a few archive sessions at a time.

And, yes, if you select all of the archive files, you will get back all of the entries that had been previously available plus the new field that was added.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

bryan_fairbank
Explorer
0 Kudos

Understood. Thanks a lot Karin for your help..

Answers (0)