cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error SAP PI - proxyToSoap Synchcronous - Could not determine mapping steps for message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I have a problem with when I consume a web service using proxyTOsoap Synchcronous, I need a Help for identify exactly the Error.

I testing in SAP ECC the Web Service

Error when executing message mapping

Log Errors. Monitoring Message

Transmitting the message using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error encountered while executing mapping: com.sap.aii.af.service.mapping.MappingException: com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.ResourceException: Could not determine mapping steps for message 99745942-122d-11e6-a6a4-0000008e13ae.

someone that share any ideas?

thanks

Luis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Looks like this is failing in the response mapping.

Could it be that the endpoint web service is returning a SOAP Fault which is why response is not being mapped.

Check if the web service is returning SOAP Fault if yes then add the fault mapping as well.

Kind Regards

Sanjali

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen your map and note that your problem probably is the SOAP VERSION. If your SOAP VERSION is 1.2. You will have to use java mapping to message transform.  Please (Marmota) confirm to discard this scenario.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Edwin,

The WS are SOAP Version 1.1

kind of regars

LM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayimbu,

Please. Could you add a image about your mapping and OM?.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for you reply Homer

I share this picture MM y OM.

thanks

LM

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayimbu,

The issue is with the connection or response. The first error in your screenshot is soap response Unknown application error. Please check if the connection with web service is good and request message contains all the require fields.

The best way is to test the request message via SOAPUI or other external tools.

regards,

Harish

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Check number 7 and question What should my web service return to the adapter? in this sap note 856597 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0/7.1/7.3 SOAP Adapter

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Content-Type: text/xml; charset="utf-8"

<SOAP:Envelope

xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<SOAP:Body>

<SOAP:Fault>

<faultcode>SOAP:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring>Server Error</faultstring>

<detail>

<e:myfaultdetails xmlns:e="Some-URI">

<message>My application didn't work</message>

<errorcode>1001</errorcode>

</e:myfaultdetails>

</detail>

</SOAP:Fault>

</SOAP:Body>

</SOAP:Envelope>

will result in an application error message with fault payload

<e:myfaultdetails xmlns:e="Some-URI">

<message>My application didn't work</message>

<errorcode>1001</errorcode>

</e:myfaultdetails>

So in your case the web service is returning soap fault when you call the service and the payload is taking from detail tag of soap fault and you don't have mapping for fault payload that is why you are getting error Could not determine mapping steps for message 99745942-122d-11e6-a6a4-0000008e13ae.

If you receive proper response back then response mapping will be executed.

If your PI system is above or equal PI 7.31 SP09 the you can set TraceHTTP parameter in soap receiver adapter as shown in this blog then you will see the soap fault from the web service.

Regards,

Praveen.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

Following Praveen idea try to test with SOAPui and to check if you have any fault message. Also you can try to add the Parameter name = "XMBWS.NoSOAPIgnoreStatusCode", Parameter Value = true in the Module tab -> Module configuration.

Regards.