cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CBTA composite script fails due to no trusted access

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created CBTA scripts that work well.  I have defined various test users and passwords in the System Data Container.  Now I have created a composite script using these same scripts.  The composite script fails due to the tester not having an account on the System Under Test.

1) Why does a composite script need to access the SUT before any subsequent script starts?  Each script must run on its own with proper test data and system data (user accounts and passwords) so why add that requirement.  In our case we have testers who have no reason to have personal accounts on the SUT.  Besides, our end-to-end scenario requires testing with many accounts in order to test authorizations for various business roles (i.e. manager, operator, approver, administrator, etc.).  So this initial validation seems meaningless and unrelated to the scenario we are testing.

2) Another problem is with scheduling.  As another discussion thread pointed out you have two options for the RFC used in this situation.  Your can select the LOGIN RFC or the TRUSTED RFC (in Step 3 of Managed System Configuration under "RFC for SAP Solution Manager).  If you choose LOGIN then you can't schedule scripts since they would require a username and password to be provided.  If you choose TRUSTED then whoever schedules the script must have an account on the SUT. 

Given these problems is there a way to disable the requirement to login to the SUT before running a composite script?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

1. From details you provided I understood that you are able to execute the CBTA scripts but not the composite script.

So if the solman user doesn't have access to SUT, he can not execute the Composite script for that SUT.

This is because when Composite script is executed it considers "Test Tool" as "Ecatt" and for which which having trusted user to SUT is mandatory which is annoying.

We had raised an OSS with SAP for this and we received a work around which we have not tested yet.

Workaround is as below-->

In this method, you'll need to create at least 2 Single CBTA Test Scripts

and 1 Composite Test Script. You can use an SDC, such as "Z_SDC1" that

was generated automatically through >solman_directory, with logical

components pointing to Trusted RFC destinations and/or other non-TST*

RFC destinations.

Any Solution Manager user without the Trusted RFC authorization to the

SUT (that will be executing these Single and Composite Test Scripts)

will need to have the parameter "SUTMGNT_4_USR" with parameter value

'X' maintained in Solution Manager's su01 transaction.

A few manual steps are required before you can add this parameter for

the Solution Manager user in su01.

In Solution Manager:

Go to transaction SE80. Click on "Repository Browser". Select "Package" in drop down list. Enter "AGS_SMT_EXT" in the edit field below.

Click on "Display" button (glasses icon).

Right click on the package "AGS_SMT_EXT" then select >"Create" >"Other(1)" >"SET/GET Parameter ID".

For "Parameter ID"  enter "SUTMGNT_4_USR" (without quotations).

For "Text" enter "SUT MANAGEMENT ACTIVE FOR USER" (without quotations).

Click "Save".

Then go to "System" menu. ---> Alternatively, you can use su01 here. Select "User Profile".

Select "Own Data". ---> This will take you to the su01 for the current user logged onto Solution Manager.

Go to "Parameters" tab. Find "SUTMGNT_4_USR" and enter "X" (without quotations) as the parameter value.

Click "Save".

By performing these steps, you will notice that the SDC you have originally generated in solman_directory (you can check the SDC in transaction STCE) will now have its original RFCs (including Trusted RFCs) replaced by the corresponding TST* RFCs maintained in SUT Management. This will allow you to execute the Composite Test Script

correctly without the Trusted RFC issue, because by maintaining this parameter for the user executing the test scripts, the RFCs used for each logical component will be the TST* RFCs taken directly from SUT Management.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Sachin Sawant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sachin,

That was the magic I needed.  I am now able to run a CBTA composite script without needing an account on the SUT.  I searched SUTMGNT_4_USR on the support portal and found only two hits.

2074772 - Issue with Composite Test Configuration

2074657 - Issue with Logical Component in Composite Test Configuration CBTA

Note 2074657 says 2074772 is a prerequisite.  I ran transaction SNOTE in our Solman dev box and implemented first 2074772 and then 2074657.  Conveniently note 2074772 has the steps you mentioned as post-implementation manual steps.  I created the parameter SUTMGNT_4_USR in Solman using SE80.  Then I added the profile parameter to my Solman account.  I checked SDC and it still showed the TRUSTED rfc so I logged out of Solman and closed browser windows.  I logged back into Solman and looked at the SDC.  The TST* rfc was now listed as the destination rfc.  I then opened the composite script, executed it, and the script ran with no issues.

I should also mention that we are running Solution Manager 7.1 SP12.

Thanks!!

Answers (0)