cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC characteristics description for a material by PROD order no

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to get the VC characteristics description for a material which is in prod order,

I know we can get the VC characteristics for a SALES ORDER NO By passing the SO and item no to fm  VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION'

But my question is using PROD order and material no , I already searched SCN but no luck for my issue.  I dont know why my previous thread was rejected and the answer does not exist in SCN for this. Please dont reject un necessarily, these are important for us.

Table names in Variant Configuration | SCN

Thanks,

RG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Ritz
Active Contributor

Ramya g,

Hope below document may provide you better explanation how characteristic , class and values tied up with material and you can figure out when this material is used is sales order and production order which characteristic become relevant.

Configuration information flow with an example ... | SCN

Go through it and come back with further question.

Please also provide information on what do you want to do with characteristic once you find it. may be forum can help you better.

Thanks

Ritesh

shyamsumar
Explorer

Use function module VELO01_GET_CONFIGURATION , you can get the config object from table AFKO .

You need to pass order no in afko and get configuration object no., then pass that in above function module

you will get all characterstics and there values.

Please see the below thread -

former_member261747
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

As per my understanding characterstic flow in VC is  sales order > Production Order > Batch. and you can get values from batch through FM "QC01_BATCH_VALUES_READ "