Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idm.developer role missing in UME

becksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is probably a stupid question, but I'm not able to follow the IDM 8.0 installation guide but the IDM roles are not available. The only available role is IDM_User.

But idm.developer role is missing although it should be there.

I've followed the installation guid so far. All .sca files should be implemented via SUM but it might be that something went wrong.

Thanks for your input.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Timmy,

Please login to your UME using the below URL

http://<HostName>:<PortNumber>/UME

and select the Role option in drop-down and then search fro the role idm.developer

Once you are able to find the idm.developer role, please check whether this role has idm_authenticated_studio action or not.

It seems idm.developer role doesn't have idm_authenticated_studio action here. Please check and confirm so that we can further help you.

Regards,

C Kumar

becksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi C Kumar,

idm.developer role does not exist.I'm wondering why it is not available. Even if I search for idm_authenticated_studio action it does not exist.

I'm trying to understand which installation or configuration step is adding the roles or action in order to redo them.

Thanks.

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Timmy,

It is created automatically however if it is not there then create the idm.developer role manually and assign the idm_authenticated_studio action to it and then assign this role to your developer user which has been created while installation.

Regards,

C Kumar

becksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi C Kumar,

I'd have done though, but this action does not exist. Therefore I can't create the role manually. Do you know which .SCA file creates the "idm.developer" role?

Thanks.

Ckumar
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry timmy. I dont have any idea regarding .SCA file which creates "idm.developer" role.

Alternatively you can go for re-installation of SAP IDM UI.

Regards,

C Kumar

becksen
Participant
0 Kudos

I've fixed it.

Reinstalling IDMCLMRESTAPI02_3-80000540.SCA and IDMUI502_1-80000542.SCA created the roles and the action in UME.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198652
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Timmy,

Can you please check this action(idm_authenticated_studio_action) is exist or not in Assigned Action tab in UME.

Regards,

Jaya

becksen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

the action you've mentioned is not existing. Only idm_authenticated is available as an action.

Thanks.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timmy,

There's a few things that need to go on here.  You should send the steps to your Basis team and Co-ordinate with them.

Matt