cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Refresh fails Recovery phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to do a system refresh from PRD to QUA with the Homogeneous system copy with Backup/Restore method.

I've made the recovery of PRD on QUA after that I've executed the System Rename but I'm getting and error during the process on create sap stored procedures step.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name MSSSOURCE

What did I do incorrect?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Any suggestion?

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try moving ahead with the SCHEMA4SAP.VBS move option, ignore the pop-up that comes and it will create the new schema SCD.

You can also use the DB refresh/move option of SWPM.

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Is your issue resolved?

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manas,

The script fails because the schema doesn't exist

I chose Ignore and I execute the script.

But It doesn't work.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

What i normally do while such refresh is recover the Prod DB on the QA host (either by attach/detach or backup/recovery). Then rename the Database in SSMS.

After this I complete the CI installation using the same SID to which the DB is renamed using the below option.

Another thing to ensure is that the id used for installation should have sa and sysadmin access on the DB.

If you are following the same can you share the sapinst.logs when you get this error.

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manas,

I've used B/R method with SSMS.

I've chosen the SCP backup and restored into SCD.

Fort this reason the database is SCD and the schema of the objects is scp.

How can I do the rename of the database? Is it not made during the recovery?

Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please share the screnshot of SSMS after expanding the Database. I need to see if the DB name is shown as SCP or SCD.

Also please share the sapinst.logs at the point you get the error while running the swpm. Did u check the access of the userid you are using for the installation.

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manas,

The screenshoot is in previous answers.

The DB is SCD but the schema is scp.

Many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestion?

How system refresh with MSSQL is made? I've tried with several options but all of them have failed.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to below KB's

Note 151603 - Copying an SQL Server database

Note 1476928 - System copy of SAP systems on Windows 2008 (R2): SQL Server

Joey's Basis/Netweaver Blog: SAP System Copy Procedure...

You can either use:

1. Attach/Detach method - This will involve source system downtime, unless you have some replication setup at the storage level which is syncing your Source DC to target DC (probably done for DR Setup)

2. Backup/Restore Method - You can take a full online backup and use the same to restore it on the target system.

3. R3load export/import - You can use this DB independent method. Just uncheck " Use DB Specific Utility" while you provide input in SWPM.

In 1& 2 mentioned above you will have to:

1. Ensure that the security is set correctly once you have restored/attached the backup. Your target sidadm should have admin access on the DB.

2. You will have to run the SWPM--> System Copy --> target system build (and then chose the either attach/detach or backup/restore) to complete the post processing. This will drop/recreate the stored procedure and will also do the required schema changes.

Let me know if you need more details.

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manas,

Not yet.

I'm going to explain step by step what I am doing.

First, I make the recovery of backup SCP into SCD database.

After that I've tried to repair the connections or move the objects from one schema to other, but always I get the same error like the target schema doesn't exist.

I've tried to launch directly the system copy using the Database refresh option

In this step move from scp to scd schema.

But after I get this error:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The object with name "get_mssql_session_id" already

What step I'm doing wrong?I've followed yours indications but I'm confuse about the steps before the homogeneous system copy.

Any suggestion??

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manas,

Do you recover the PRD database into QUA database o create another database?

I 've to delete the QUA database and restore the PRD backup and after that make the Database refresh?

Regards

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Has anybody a suggestion about this error??

Please let me know.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

sometimes it is a problem between the NW Version and the Version of the Windows Server.

I found an similar error running the Perquisites Check for System Rename.

Regards,

Beni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Did you use DB utility to restore the backup or SWPM (with option homogeneous system copy )

I guess the problem is with the schema owner for the DB objects in your target DB. Can you see if the schema is correct for QA DB.

If the schema is not correct you can use the SWPM --> System Copy option to fix this.

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

As I understood from you, you are doing the Homogeneous system copy with Backup/Restore method.

System rename i.e. change of <sid> from PRD to QUA is done by controlfile.sql script.

Which command are you using.

what is your Database, oracle ?

Regards,

Deepa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepa,

The database is MSSQL.

When I need to do the rename, before or after the recovery?

Thanks

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben.

From the SAP Note you can correct the schema on the target system(QAS) and then start the system copy on target system.

1294762 - SCHEMA4SAP.VBS

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

I've restored SCP backup on SCD database.

Database is SCD and the schema is scp

I've executed the SCHEMA4SAP.VBS and tried to optiones but neither of them It works.

The SCD schema doesn't exist and It's the schema that I want to get after the recovery of SCP to make the system refresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

As i mentioned earlier, use SWPM --> system copy option and build the target system with the option of "Use existing database" (which in your case is SCD). Since your DB is already restored.

This should solve your issue.

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manas,

I've tried with this two options but I always get the error [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name MSSSOURCE during create sap stored procedures step.

For this reason I've opened the thread.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, can you please paste the output of

select * from sys. schemas

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manas,

This is the output

former_member185327
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Can you kindly check what is the  Default Database for Login and the connection String settings.

Also what is the Owner of the Object. Is it the DBO user ?

Thanks and Regards

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anurag,

The owner of the object is qua and the default database login for quaadm is qua.