cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound proxy exception to soap fault

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario is SOAP to ECC Inbound synchronous proxy.

we are in PI 7.4 Dual stack..

For any validation I am raising exception in the proxy and passing to PI fault message types.

The issue is - if there is no exception the PI service takes around 1 second..

But when there is an error - when i raise an exception in ECC Proxy it takes around 22 to 23 seconds to PI..so not sure why the proxy exceptions to PI fault messages take around 22 to 23 seconds..

please share your thoughts on reducing this time..

Thanks,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

As Praveen suggested it should be because of code ,check the code for Exceptions might be its running for more seconds than the succesful one.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Did you check the times in ECC SXI_MONITOR transaction, is proxy program taking more time or from PI to ECC is taking more time??

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

PI to ECC

end time - start time = 23 seconds always for exceptions as application errors

end time - start time = 1 second or less for normal successful calls..

ECC to PI - Always 1 second or less

Thanks,

Ashok

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Check in ECC sxi_monitor performance header, My guess is call inbound proxy will take more time.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Thanks...

In PI - HTTP_SEND is taking more time

as below..

begin - 1223

end - 1245

and in ECC - INBOUND_PROXY is 1223..

So it seems to be http_send....any idea why it is high..

Thanks,

Ashok

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Check section 4.4.3 Long Processing Times for “PLSRV_CALL_ADAPTER” in this document

For synchronous messages (request/response behavior) the call adapter step also includes the processing

time on the backend to generate the response message. Therefore the call adapter for synchronous

messages includes the time of the transfer of the request message, the calculation of the corresponding

response message at the receiver side, and the transfer back to PI. Therefore, the processing time to

process a request at the receiving target system for synchronous messages must always be analyzed to find

the most costly processing steps.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

Still I dont get why HTTP_SEND taking long time only for exceptions...as a succesfull call takes 1 second or less for HTTP_SEND..

the referred document is quite generic for synchronous calls to check..

Thanks,

Ashok

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

• Can you put external debug in the inbound proxy code and debug the code for successful message and failed message?
  • You need to put dialog user in PI to ECC HTTP destination and you need to put external debug for the same user in ECC

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

I dont want to debug standard code..but finally I need to do that to make it quicker..

Thanks for your help..

Thanks,

Ashok