Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create BSP application in abap repository and sicf as well

sam_patrick
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to fiori/sapui5 development

i am developing custom sapui5 app and uploading it to abap repository and creating a tile on launchpad to view them.

But there is weird behavior on two systems i am working on

On both system i am following following procedure to upload sapui5 application

1)SE38 -> /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD

a)Given application name

b)Upload ->selected Webcontent folder and click ok

2)SE80 -> Type application name and display

here i can see my application getting created

3)sicf -> default_host->sap->bc->ui5_ui5->sap->

here i am trying to see my appname

But on one system this icf node gets generated automatically

and on another system its not getting created

Do i need to manually create it or is there some configuration that i need to do?

Does this report "/UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD" does the job of uploading as well as creating sicf node ?

Since i am new to this development i am confused over what is standard method/procedure for this.?

Any help is really appreciated,

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

babu_ganeshv
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam, can you check if the application in SE80 is activated ? if not chose the application, right click and chose Activate

sam_patrick
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Babu Ganesh V,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes i have tried this option to activate it by right click and activate.Still i dont see any effect (not able to see any icf node created in sicf).

I am wondering if i need to do anything related to sapui configuration on that system ?

Thanks & regards,

Sam

sam_patrick
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Nobody has answered this yet.Is my question needs some clarification ? please guide me if i am not following right way to ask a question in community...

Regards,

Sam

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Please post some of the system versions including the SAPUI5 so that responders will understand your environment.  I would also suggest that you post any logs or error messages received in either or both of your systems.  Provide more detail on what your custom application is doing and what the successful sicf results were compared to the unsuccessful. 

Good reading for posting quesitons:

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

sam_patrick
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your kind reply....

I really don't know where this information is about system versions,

SAPUI5 version that i am using is 1.32 and in sap system its shows SAP_UI 750 003,

Also i get following error on UI

1) For successful sicf creation i can see application showing correct data and index.html gets loaded correctly

2)For unsuccessful sicf when i click on tile it shows me "ICF Node /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/SAP/ZC NOT found!" this error.

Hope this helps to understand my scenario.

Regards,

Sam

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I guess you need to transport the bsp app also from your dev to qa/diff system. For me sometimes, it was available in SE80 but not in the icf node.

in SICF tcode, go to bsp path and if its not available, you need to manually transport it. Right click -> assign TR, target to the system you wish.

Regards,

Tejas

sam_patrick
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Thanks for your reply.

I really dont know how to transport bsp app from dev to qa. Another teammate does that job.

Actually i am not able to see icf node under sicf -> default_host->sap->bc->ui5_ui5->sap.

Where if i right click i get following options

here i created "New Sub element" with appname (the one given in path while creating it in launchpad as URL) and it worked.

But not sure why it is not creatied automatically in this system compared to one where we test it locally.

Thanks & regards,

Sam