cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Screen Personas 2.0: No possibility to open DropDown selction variant button with Script?

former_member193127
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

is there any possibility to open the selection variant-button in ME21N (Document Overwiev On) with a script?

If I make a record, this step will translate into the command "right click". But this step will NOT work later in a Script-Button!!!

I tried push, click, etc. but nothing work.

With GoogleChrome the recording will also crash silverlight.

So I cannot handle it with scripting. Is there any SAP Note or Idea how can I handle this issue with scripting in SAP Screen Personas 2.0?

Thanks for help

Benjamin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I just tested this and have no problem with getting it working.

Mind you, Google Chrome shouldn't be used anymore with Personas 2.0 because of the deprecated NPAPI plugin support which Silverlight also relies on. Use IE or Firefox. But otherwise, recording this action and attaching it to a script worked just fine for me.

Make sure your system is up-to-date, with all relevant notes and the latest Silverlight client for Personas implemented as well.

former_member193127
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for you answer.

I tried it also with Firefox or IE, the Script works only if I don't leave the transaction, if I press the new Script-Button a second time after I leave and come back, it will not work anymore.

But there is something to add to this issue:

The ID for DropDown-open-command with action right click is:

ses[0]/wnd[0]/dockcnt/splitcnt/cell[0][1]/tbar/dropmenuSELECT

And the ID which wants to choose the third DropDown entry (where the script produced the error message, my assumption was, because the DropDown will not open, but maybe this ID is the reason for the error):

ses[0]/wnd[0]/dockcnt/splitcnt/cell[0][1]/tbar/dropmenuSELECT/menuCONTEXT/item0050568E34721ED684EF5AB11AF8822DNEWAGREEMENT_QUERY

With the old recording from GoogleChrome there is an other ID:

ses[0]/wnd[0]/dockcnt/splitcnt/cell[0][1]/tbar/dropmenuSELECT/menuCONTEXT/item0050568E34721ED684ED264134D4022DNEWPO_QUERY

If I make a new recording, this ID willl change again:

ses[0]/wnd[0]/dockcnt/splitcnt/cell[0][1]/tbar/dropmenuSELECT/menuCONTEXT/item0050568E34721ED684EF6F44F2A2C22DNEWAGREEMENT_QUERY

Is there a possibility that in every case the recording make this ID new and this works only for exactly this transaction call? Maybe the ID correlated with the position of the click or  something other?

Any Idea? Thanks for answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin,

I face the same issue, the ID change every time.

I'd like to know if today you 've found a solution to automatize this action ?

I'd much appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Max.

praseo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

This cannot be done via scripting in Personas due to dynamic IDs generated.
I suggest you to retain the selection variant button in the flavor.

Regards,
Pradeep