Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter to Process one file at a time

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am working on File(FTP) - IDOC (BPM) Scenario. Where I need to Process one file at a time. When I place multiple files in the source directory all the files are getting picked up by channel and processing to target system.  I tried to maintain the EOIO quality service in the File channel, But  I am facing Messages are stuck in File channel Queue. Is there any way we  can pick only one file at a time?

Thanks,

Pavan T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

jeenat_parveen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

You can use 3 things to process file to file scenario reached one at a time.

1. EOIO set in file adapter

2. EO set in file adapter with processing mode delete or archive and set poll interval time

3. use a sleep or delay in mapping by an udf which let the sender channel to pick up files normally and mapping will delay the processing to send to the target system.

Regards,

Jeenat

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

3 things you need to do to make sure the end to end process is EOIO,

• EOIO set in the File Adapter - you have tried with but failed - Like Praveen I am curious as to why it failed.
  • Make sure your ccBPM Has only one queue to process the message -> In the ccBPM click on the canvas outside and make sure Queue Assignment has "One Queue" selected.
  • In the send step of your ccBPM, make sure EOIO is select to make sure the message from ccBPM to External System goes in a queue.

Regards

Bhavesh

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

You can achieve this, refer some of the below link

Pickup the file based on the date in file name | SCN

With FTP protocol, the files are always processed in ascending alphabetical order. So, you need to have a suitable file naming to process the files in sequence.

use Parameter  Processing Sequence = Date  ( This is for processing order) and

Use the "Msecs to Wait"  Before Modification Check in the sender file adapter,under Advanced Mode

and set it to 30 for example.

Also When the Quality of service is maintained as EOIO  - it asks for a queue name - so specified one queue name.

Hope this helps..!! 🙂

Regards

S Tomar

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

• Why the messages are stuck in the queue, what error are you getting??
  • Why you need to process one file at a time??

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

1)Messages were stuck because one of the file was got mapping error and that file  is in waiting status and other messages went into holding status.

2) Business requirement is such a way to process one file at a time.

My ABAP team is working on the solution from their end. Is there any way at PI level we can do this?

Thanks,

Pavan T

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

If you clear the first message the rest all will process succesfully.

For delay refer the link I shared, you can have delay so that the file will get process before the other.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

• The file adapter will pick up all the files at time if the files are available in the directory because it lists the directory that will return all the files in the directory, so you cannot pickup one file at a time using file adapter.
  • You can still do EOIO queue, You are still in development that is why you are getting mapping failures once properly tested you dont get frequent mapping errors and in production if the message fails you will get a alert immediately and you will resolve immediately either restart or cancel the message then remaining message will be processed.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

Try as per the below link,