cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to regenerate a SMP certificate on a linux server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I'm struggling a little bit with the SMP. I have to regenerate the certificate but I'm not able to. For a smp running on windows that is no problem but to generate it for a Linux server it confuse me a little bit, could anyone help me?

I'm sure there is an easy solution for it;-)

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

What use case are you trying to generate a certificate for?

Regards, Kevin

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would think the process is virtually the same as certificates are not platform dependent and you can import through the cockpit on both platforms.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Background is that our admin team unfortunately delete the certificate, so I've to regenerate that. We run the work manager with the smp.

But if I can generate that certificate stil by another server then my question is there anything I have to consider?

Regards, Jörg

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You still haven't answered what certificate you are trying to generate.  Is this one for the SMP listeners?  As Bill indicated, certificate maintenance is generall the same on Windows and Linux.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, sry. Of course, that is the one for listeners (that you also install on clients).

So in this case I'm able to generate one certificate on another windows server and can import it on my Linux server?! Is there anything else to consider?

Regards,

Jörg

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can check your backup directories on same server for JKS SAP/MobilePlatform3/backup-server-x.x.x.x.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I think you have to generate it from the same server, but have never tried it from Windows based.  Linux should work the same way as Windows does with generating certificates.

Regards,

Kevin

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am assuming you are creating self-signed certificates.  Creating on Windows and importing to LInux should be fine the certificate CN is correct for the linux server and you import to the correct alias/file.

--Bill

Answers (0)