SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMCF101 error in MIRO: "Automatic Carryforward is only allowed for amount 0"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am currently doing some test on a mock environment to get my SAP skills up to speed. Lately I've been experimenting with carry forward of invoices.

In this case, I have to create an invoice at an N+1 date and cancel the amount received in MIGO by using a general account only. While the general account part seems to go great (no related error messages), the N+1 part triggers the blocking message FMCF101 "Automatic Carryforward is only allowed for amount 0".

So far I've only: created an order through ME21N at N date, then MIGO at same date, then attempted MIRO at N+1. No FMJ2 or else. The only thing I did is use MMPI to move the logistic period to january 2017, which is when I am trying to carry the invoice forward to.

Any hints? I checked other related errors but they didn't seem to match my problem.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,
There have been recent changes in this process and we have decided to document them in a KBA. Please take a look and let me know if some information is missing or unclear:

2311470 - Automatic carryforward is only allowed for amount 0 - FMCF101 or FMCF320 in MIRO
Link:

https://i7p.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/2311470

thanks and best regards

Mar

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please, check this thread and OSS notes mentioned there:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli, thanks for the pointers.

I checked out the note:

2074291 - Error Mess. FMCF101 / FMCF320 - Automatic carryforward.

However, I'm afraid all my invoices will be automatically carried forward if I apply this note. Isn't there a way to authorize a one time carry forward without implementing a permanent note?

A colleague suggested I create an invoice in 2016 to use all the budget up, then modify the existing sales order (ME23N) in 2017 and then create an invoice for the latter amount in 2017. But that's not exactly the test case I'm suppose to do.

Any hints?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's up to you whether to automate carry-forward or not; it's a setting in carry-forward customisation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand but isn't there a way to authorize a one time carry forward for an amount different than 0 without implementing the note? Or do you mean carry-forward customization is an actual default transaction within sap?

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,
There have been recent changes in this process and we have decided to document them in a KBA. Please take a look and let me know if some information is missing or unclear:

2311470 - Automatic carryforward is only allowed for amount 0 - FMCF101 or FMCF320 in MIRO
Link:

https://i7p.wdf.sap.corp/sap/support/notes/2311470

thanks and best regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi mar thanks for the input!

Can you check the url you posted though? It doesn't seem to be working from either my computer or phone.

0 Kudos

I believe, this note is not yet released.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry, publishing is taking a bit longer than expected. I will keep you posted..

Link updated, please check once more. Thanks!

0 Kudos

Still not working I'm afraid!

Same thing appears on my personal phone.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Strange, the link works for me.

Would you try this one, please?:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2311470

regards

Mar

0 Kudos

Thanks! That note is awesome.