cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required documents before starting PI support

aayushaggarwal
Participant

Hi Experts,

We are going to start the PI Support for one of our clients.

Can you please guide me regarding what KT should I expect and docs should I ask, from the third party which was working on it previously??

Thanks for your response in advance...

Aayush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aayush,

You need to get all the project related documents  like BBP, Functioanal and technical specifications, mapping documents , test documents etc

As part of KT They will explain the interfaces functionality, transport mechanism, Critical interfaces, house keeping activities, scheduled background jobs, application credentials and deployed certificate details etc.

As part of support project you need to perform monitoring activities in PI to ensure all the interfaces are up and running before business hours, please go through the below blogs for more details.

SAPTechnical.COM - Activities for Production Support and Maintenance projects in SAP PI/XI

Troubleshooting Main Page - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

SAP PI monitroing and trouble shooting guide

http://sapassets.edgesuite.net/sapcom/docs/2015/08/d04869e7-557c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdf

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

aayushaggarwal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhargava,

Thanks for the instant response.

But the above links will be useful when the Support will start.

But my question is different, it is what should i ask for from the other company, before starting the Support??

Regards,

Aayush

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aayush,

But my question is different, it is what should i ask for from the other company, before starting the Support??

i have already included in my previous response.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aayush,

Please ask the following things from the company who is doing the development -

1. Technical Document and FS of all the Interfaces

2. Excel sheet consisting of all the credentials (mainly passwords), URL which have been used in the channels

3. Administrator user credentials, SIDADM user credentials and other user credentials like the ones used in RFC destination, channels etc.

4. Contact details of all the Third parties along with their email address and phone numbers.

5. Java codes and XSLT codes used in the mapping.

6. NWDS Project for the Custom Adapter Module if there are any along with the SAP EAR file.

7. KT document on any unique scenarios.

8. Certificates, Public Key and Private Key of the third parties being used in the system. This must be used as a backup.

These are the most important things i can recall currently.

Regards,

Nitin

Answers (0)