cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP,

For error install the language in client 100. Is necesary install the language in client 000?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

Language import should always be performed in client 000.

You then need to run supplementation to copy translation to other clients (to perform for each language in each client).

Supplementation does now include the copy of language that was performed with RSREFILL before NW version 6.20

Best regards

1996550 - RSTLAN_SUPPLEMENT_UNI: Missing RSREFILL function

As of Release 6.20, the RSREFILL (Transport Translations Between Clients) function is integrated into the language supplementation function (see SAP Note 43853), because the report RSREFILL itself is obsolete; you can therefore no longer execute the RSREFILL function without carrying out language supplementation at the same time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

But if I have the language in client 100 is a problem?

Thanks

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean you have performed the lang. import in an other client than 000 ?

I always do it in client 000, it is a reflex, as you often import lang. at installation time where 000 is the only available client.

The 2 notes that did provides a procedure for lang. import (check attachment of note 1508122) do not talk about client 000.

The online help does not talk about it either... So this might be a myth.

1508122 - Installation and troubleshooting of languages in SAP systems

1935497 - How to finish a language import by SMLT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

Install the language IT in client 100 and show the menus, transaction in Italian.

Into in client 000 and show the same.

It´s ok?

Thanks

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do think that lang. import could be done from any client... but it is only importing data in client 000.

Watch out, menus are cross client data,

So your menus could be ok but some customizing texts could only be translated in client 000.

That is why you MUST perform supplementation in all clients (including 000)

as supplementation does

1) fill untranslated text with the supplementation lang.

2) copy custo translation to client (formerly done with RSREFILL)

Answers (0)