Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when logging with user SYSTEM in SAP HANA

jmaravilla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the following error when i try logging with the SYSTEM USER in SAP HANA or any application, the error message is "Error while opening the system. Reason: Invalid user name or password". I tried to reset the password using that note  but when the service hdbnameserver is starting it is too long and I can't do the following steps.

In the file NDB-indexserver i have the next error

[5700]{-1}[-1/-1] 2016-05-03 14:02:27.904429 e Crypto           sm_handler.cc(00261) : (sockfd:124, part:<not assigned>) SSL initialization or handshake error: SSL handshake failed: SSL error [536875078]: ???, General error: 0x20001046 | SAPCRYPTOLIB | SSL_accept

SSL API error

received a fatal SSLv3 certificate unknown alert message from the peer

0xa0600263 | SSL | ssl3_read_bytes

received a fatal SSLv3 certificate unknown alert message from the peer

(ErrCode: 536875078)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jmaravilla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem was solved following the note https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2251556

Thank you

Regards,

Jorge

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jorge,

Which HANA instance are you using (Single DB or MDC)?

If you are using single DB then:

1. Login as SIDADM user

2. Stop the HANA DB: HDB stop

3. Then start name server: exe/hdbnameserver &

4. Start compile server: exe/hdbcompileserver &

5. Start index server: exe/hdbindexserver -resetSystemUser

It will prompt you for password reset-> give the password

Now kill the process of compile server: kill -15 <PID>

kill the process of name server : kill -15 <PID>

Start the HANA instance: HDB start

I was facing the same issue, actually I forgot to start the compile server, because of it this issue happened.

Before staring indexserver, compile server should be up and running.

If the instance is MDC then you need to follow other procedure.

This will resolve your issue.

Regards,
Ashish

former_member183326
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This error message indicates that the SSL Client (peer) side is not able to verify the certificate which has been sent by the Server. This means that you must also check the ICM trace on the peer side. Please provide the ICM trace from the peer side so we can check.

I some how think this is not a HANA issue but an issue relating to Secure Sockets Layer Protocol.

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

I had also same kind of issue in SPS 9 and I was unable to reset the password of SYSTEM user ID for one tenant DB. When I follow the standard procedure, crashdump occurred. I have raised to SAP and finally they suggested me to reset the password of SYSTEM user ID from schema user ID, that is, login to schema user ID and reset the connection attempts failure and then reset the password.

I was able to reset the tenant DB's SYSTEM password from schema user ID. You may please raise to SAP and get instructions from them or you can try once however don't get lock the schema user ID

hope this helps,

Thanks,

Pradeep