cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI Causing High CPU Utilization

brandonbollin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We're having a situation where the UI is hitting the database server and causing 100% utilization of the CPU on that machine. Every time we bring the IDM services down on our portal, the CPU usage drops to normal and when we start it back up, we're at 100% again.

Has anyone seen anything like this? What might cause the UI to hit the database so hard for hours?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Brandon, if you figured this out let us know what happened!

Thanks,

Matt

brandonbollin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We did get it figured out but I still don't have a clear answer. The best I can figure out is, there was a SQL query on the UI side that was being used by an end user in a way that IDM team hadn't anticipated. Thus, it was just endlessly returning information, thus maxing out the CPU. Once the query was altered to account for this By putting a cap on the number of rows it could return, the problem went away.

That doesn't even sound like a perfect answer though. Once I get more information, I'll update.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201064
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Brandon,

sounds like a problem in the AS Java not the database. Have you checked the "Availability and Performance" in the NWA already? Maybe there's something in the logs. Or checking the database monitoring for a query which may be heavy load.

I experienced something similar when people did a multiple * search on the person. Back then the search task had around 25 attributes. After cutting them down it got better.

Best regards

Dominik