Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS Plant Stock Vs Project Stock

former_member308318
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have never worked on Project Stock(Valuated & Non-Valuated).I was wondering on what basis business decides to go for Project Stock. Moreover,  SAP recommends to use Valuated Project Stock rather than Non-Valuated Project stock due to the disadvantage that it only updates quantity NOT cost. What are the benefits of Project Stock over Plant Stock? What are the benefits of Valuated over Non-Valuated Project Stock? What configuration settings may need from Procurement?

Please disregard my question if it seems very generic and apologies for asking

Regards,

Ashley.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor

These are 2 different questions.

There is Project Stock and Plant Stock.

Project Stock is a special stock segment assigned to a WBS where inventory is kept separate from other stock segments, similar to blocked stock and unrestricted stock.  Plant Stock is inventory that is not assigned to a WBS stock segment and can be used by any order.

Within Project Stock there is Valuated and Non-Valuated.

This is more of a financial question.  Valuated Project Stock is held in inventory on the Balance Sheet.  When Valuated Project Stock is moved it's value moves with it.

Non-Valuated project stock is immediately charged to the WBS at Good Receipt.  Only the quantity is held in inventory without value.  When you move Non-Valuated Project Stock only the quantity is moved the value has already posted to the WBS.  If you transfer material from one WBS to another you have to separately move the $$, which is a real pain.

former_member308318
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Ken.Answered.

Answers (0)