Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice for Associations

rajesh_paruchuru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Looking for inputs on SAP recommended best practices with regards to number(optimum) of associations that can be included in a project from a performance perspective.

Also, trying to check as how including a project(and defining external associations)  performs when compared with defining associations within the same project. Any inputs would be appreciated.

Including an OData Service (SAP Gateway) - SAP Gateway Foundation (SAP_GWFND) - SAP Library

Thanks in advance.

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

As far as i know, I do not see any specific number limit defined anywhere for creating association and navigation between the entities inside a project as this would be more of modelling our service based on use case rather than looking at the performance perspective.

As per my understanding Association & Navigation are used to basically define the relationship between the entities in our GW model to navigate between the entities based on our business scenarios like for example Creation of SalesOrder / fetching SalesOrders and its items details.

So to model these kind of cases we use association & navigation. And yes, this in-turn would provide better performance as in a single call we can fetch all SO Header details and their associated items as part of a single response rather than retrieving SO Header details and their items details in different calls.

Regards,

Ashwin