SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Price Catalog Outbound (T-Code VPRICAT)

Former Member

Hello,

We use Price Catalog Outbound transaction (t-code VPRICAT) to send articles that are listed to an assortment to our external customer.

We ran into several issues related to the performance and the functionality in the transaction. We have implemented several OSS notes and with the help of SAP we have also implemented OSS notes related to performance. SAP recommends that the price catalog outbound transaction can only handle up to 2000 articles. Currently, we have around 17K articles in our price catalog and it will keep growing. When we start using the price catalog for one of our other brand which has lot of articles then the price catalog will be in thousands.

As per SAP it is not recommended to have more than 2000 articles and we have asked SAP if there is any other alternative way to send catalog information (SKU, GTIN, Prices etc.) to external customer similar to the price catalog transaction but they said there is nothing.

The only other way that I can think of is to have a custom solution. We do not want to go via that route unless it is proven that the standard cannot handle high volume.

Has anyone come across this situation regarding price catalog outbound?

Please let me know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Srinivas

5 REPLIES 5

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maruthi,

Please give more details on what information you want to send to your customer.

Why don't you use assortment list IDoc or WP_PLU IDoc if its only about sending Article Number, GTINs and prices.

Give more details on the requirements to have all possible solutions.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your response. We use custom version of WP_PLU to send articles, GTIN's and prices to our stores. But, in this case, we are sending catalog information to external customers and as per SAP Price Catalog Outbound (T-code VPRICAT) is the standard functionality that can be used to do this and it generates IDOC PRICAT which is sent to our EDI partner and from there it is sent to the customer.

Thanks,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Problems with PRICAT exists since long. I would suggest an alternative solution to write a custom program/report to generate the file in the format which is expected from your customer.

Alternatively, lets wait for other experts to revert on this.

Thanks.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your feedback. At this time, we cannot go with any custom program because we made lot of enhancements within VPRICAT as per our business requirements and also our EDI partner expects PRICAT IDOC which is generated out of VPRICAT.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Any help from any experts who worked in VPRICAt would be great.

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I am also working on PRICAT and was looking for some help.

do you know how can we change price catalouge in VPRICAT. The requirement was to delete the material from Assortment and then retrigger the same catalouge and generate an IDOC but apparently I am not able to make changes in already transferred catalouge.

Br,

Tanvi