cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad performance using Word as text editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed the SAP Gui 740 and the consequence of this is that the SAPscript Legacy Text Editor as been removed...

Well, now I use Word as the text editor. It's a good idea but the time to open this is too long: 5 seconds !!!

Any way to reduce the opening time of Word 2010 in the SAP Gui ???

Best regards,

Misha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Misha,

You still can install the SAPscript Legacy Text Editor: just read the solution section from SAP note 2221815 (SAPscript Legacy Text Editor controls are not packed in SAP Windows GUI Installation).

The SAPscript Legacy Text Editor was removed since 7.40 Compilation 2 DVD (SAP note 2192210).

You can find more information about MS Word as Editor in SAPscript and Smart Forms in SAP note 742662.

Kind regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano,

Thanks for your responce.

No other way?

You must to reinstall a text editor considered by SAP as obsolete?

Regards,

Misha

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

The reason Word takes so long to load is because it loads settings in the background from the templates file. This templates (Normal.dotm ) file loads all the preferences into Word such as fonts and personalized settings which can slow the process down.

Deleting this templates file and starting Word again will likely speed up the loading time again,but it does delete your old preferences.

You can find this file in %appdata%\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dotm.

If you do wish to try this, make a backup copy first!

Regards,

Jude

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Misha,

Apart from the possibility of installing the old editor, I would try the suggestion from my colleague Jude.

Kind regards,

Cris