cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking of Material Component when PR has been approved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Experts!

I need help in locking the Material Component under a Network Activity once the PR that was created upon release of the Activity.

Right now, users can still modify the date and amount in the Material Component (which will also update the same fields in the PR) even after the PR has been approved. The PR should not be allowed to be changed once it has been approved.

I was thinking of making use of a User Status but I can't seem to find the right business transactions to forbid so that the users can no longer update the Material Component. Is there any specific Business Transaction I can use for this purpose?

Thanks and regards,

Ramon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks everyone, but we have decided to go for a user exit to produce an error if PR was fully approved.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramon,

Just taking it from a common sense perspective, what if user did a mistake and date or amount are wrong?  So, the correction is needed and not a second PR.

Maybe it makes a better sense to reinitiate the approval process after any change instead of freezing the master data?  I think that workflow can be triggered on PR master data changes.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paulo,

Good point, but we have already taken that into account and are planning to have the User Status activated when the PR is Approved, but deactivated if the Approval was reset. If all else fails, then a user that has access to remove User Status can allow the Material Component to be editable again.

I haven't tested it yet but what we need right now is a way to lock those PR master data from being changed.

Thanks and regards,

Ramon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramon,

Setting and deleting user status can be controlled through authorization key assigned to it. This can restrict access to all users who can change the user status. Try creating a custom authorisation key and assign it to the status you wanted to control.

BR/ Raghu