cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New language index in TREX

0 Kudos

Hello

We have installed and configured DMS for SAP using Content Server and also are using TREX to search for Documents. We have managed to create an English language index which is created by default and we are able to search documents and everything is working fine.

We would like to search documents in another language(e.g Arabic). We have followed all the help available in SAP but are unsuccessful. It simply doesnt create an Arabic index when we upload and preprocess any Arabic document through TREX.

Can anyone guide me on how I can achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haider, do you get any error messages when the documents are indexed? Can you search for the content of these documents from SKPR07 or in TREXADMIN? Can it be possible that the documents are uploaded with the wrong language - f.e. EN instead of AR? Best regards, Mikhail

0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail

Thanks for your response

I was able to create an Arabic index, when I logon to SAP with the Arabic language and upload the documents. It creates AR index, and I am also able to search.

My question now is - can we not use this AR index when we log in to SAP EN. I want to upload both Arabic and English documents when I am logged in with EN language and the documents go to their respective indexes, so we can search for both languages.  AR indexing only seems possible when logging in with AR language, Is this the default behaviour?. If so, is there a way to use both indexes from the EN logon?

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haider, as I know this is the default behaviour . When you logon with the language EN and create a new one document, this will be stored in the application with the same language (independent on the content of document). However when you search from the application , the query should be executed in all language parts of the index (EN,AR,...). If some of documents are not found , this can be related to the mistake in the structure of query, wrong settings on the KPRO or/and TREX side so that the documents are not indexed correctly e.t.c. If you have some issues with the search results I would like to recommend to create a OSS incident for this, so that we could check your system directly. Best regards, Mikhail

0 Kudos

Hi Mikhail

Thanks for the response.

Actually our login to SAP is EN company wide and most documents are in English. There might be a few AR documents as well, so we wanted a way for it to be loaded in the AR index from the EN logon. It seems from your answer that that is not possible? Can you confirm that.

Searches are working fine, once the document is in the correct language index.

I have already opened an incident with SAP. The number is 122172/2016 TREX Language Index query If someone can take ownership of that incident and respond to it and confirm that it is the default behavior.

former_member217429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Haider, the DMS application uses the logon language to put a new created document into the ContentServer. If you use the AR as logon language, the document will be placed in AR index. Best regards, Mikhail