cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing ESR content of two PI servers in one ECC system.

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am connecting 2 PI systems to one ECC system and proxy would be used at ECC side to send data to many interfaces .

SO I understand that using sxmb_adm->Sender/Receiver id we can send data to 2 PI systems.But would it be possible to access ESR content of PI systems in ECC at the same time? using single SAP_PROXY_ESR ?

I saw the below discussion:

but just wanted to confirm ,during discussion once, got to know that there is standard way to do it , not a workaround.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Have you checked this blog ?

Regards.

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Firstly, i would like to understand why you want to have the ESR view of 2 PI systems at the same time.

If the answer is to develop the code for the ABAPers? You can generate the proxy through ESR and leave it and there will be a default class generated which can be used for coding the proxy functionality, by choosing the class in SE24.

The only problem would be, you cannot test the proxy in SPROXY, when you don't have the connection. Other than this i do not find any difficulty.

We had faced the same thing during migration, but we managed without having the parallel connection. You need to keep on switching the hostname in your SAP_PROXY_ESR RFC destination

There is no way to access the ESR view in SPROXY parallely for more than one PI system.

Regards,

Nitin

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dilip,

There is no standard way of accessing both the PI ESR objects.

Vadim has already given a crystal clear information in that link.