Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC partner type KU

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on a IDOC to File scenario using PI 7.4 single stack. I am fully aware of ALE configuration for Partner type LS and already numerous scenarios running for partner type LS.

For this one we need to use partner type KU. What I understood from SCN is we need to go for party based communication for this.

Can anyone tell me what are the configuration we need to do in ECC we20 and in PI CC for this.

Thanks,

Apu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor

I just responded to a similar question earlier today. Please refer to my response from this thread,

There are multiple way to achieve this requirement where you need to send a Customer KU as the Sender Partner type when sending the IDoc.

1. Map SNDPRN and SNDPRT to KU and corresponding partner number respectively in the EDI_DC40 and select option -> Take Sender from Payload in the Idoc Adapter.
  2. Create a Receiver Party and assign below values. In receiver agreement perform Header mapping and select this Receiver Party for Header Mapping.
    • AGENCY = Receiver SAP Sytem Logicial System
    • Scheme = ALE#KU
    • Name = <PartnerNumber>
  3. Assign the Receiver Party and Service as created in Receiver Determination

I would recommend Option 1 as the easiest and simplest but do make sure that the Partner number is same in both QA and Production. If the Partner number value will change,. you would need to make sure you make this configurable through Parametrized Mappings or Value Mapping..

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for your reply. For my case its Sender IDOC configuration not receiver.

Can you specifically mention what are the thing need to maintain in ECC and PI for this.

Thanks

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On ECC,

• Partner needs to be created ( Customer in your case ) prior to these steps.
  • If the Custom is create, in partner profile entry just create the entry under KU with the correct partner / customer number.
  • Add the outbound Entry.
  • The Idoc will have RCVPRN ( or Receiver Partner Number ) and RCVPRT as the Customer Number / KU respectively.

On PI,

• Creating a Party is not mandatory.
  • Whether you create a party depends on whether,
    • You want to distinguish the IDoc triggered from SAP for Same Message Type with different Receiver Determination Objects.
    • If yes - then create a party and assign the  values of Agency Scheme Identifier as per my previous reply.
    • In the receiver determination, select sender uses virtual receiver and select your Receiver Party created with corresponding Service.
    • This configuration will make sure that when the IDoc comes to PI, your Receiver Determination that is triggered is the One with the Receiver Party.
    • If the Receiver Determination with the correct Party is not found, then the generic Receiver Determination for the same message type where Receiver Party and Receiver Service is * will be called.

Regards

Bhavesh

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I have done same configuration already in ECC and when I am triggering IDOC I can see the status is 03 in WE02 with below control data. I guess this is correct.

In PI I have done normal CC and ICO configuration generally we do for normal IDOC_AAE sender.

But in ECC system I can see commit fault error in SM58.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your SM59 Destination working?

Is the IDoc channel started?

Have all the required Idoc adapter configurations in NWA been done?

Regards

Bhavesh

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

Can you please paste the screenshot of the error in SM58?

Also, have you already done the necessary configuration in your NWA of PI system? There are Resource adapters to be created, which are very important.

You can follow the below blog from William for the detailed configuration of IDOC_AAE adapter -

Regards,

Nitin

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes all are fine .... We already have numerous outbound idoc scenarios which using partner type LS and these are working absolutely fine.

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Here is the screen shot -

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

This error is due to the configuration in your partner profile. Can you please go to WE20, and check under the partner type KU,whether the relevant IDoc has been added under the Outbound parameters?

And also you have provided the correct PI port details?

Regards,

Nitin

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin ,

I have checked multiple times. Here is the config under KU -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you created the scenario in PI to receive the idocs? if not you will get this error. Further you can check your channel logs or NWA logs.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share the Idoc control record screen shot of the Type Info and the corresponding ICO Configuration?

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

Set the property ResolveVirtualReceiver to true in NWA > Application Resources > Select JavaIdocAdapter and in the Properties tab as per this note 1941832 - Resolve logical receiver party

Regards,

Praveen.

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

No luck after doing this.

Thanks,

Apu

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Control record screen shot already is in previous reply.

ICO config is normal . Data is coming from Retail after that I need to send the data as per mapping logic in two separate FTP path for that I have created two separate BC and done that.

Thanks,

Apu

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu.

• Can you paste the screen shot of your ICO?
  • Can you paste the error trace from log viewer as show in below screen shot?

Regards.

Praveen.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

I have created the ICO with virtual receiver like below, if you also created like below then you need to set the parameter in NWA which i mentioned above.

If you not created the ICO with virtual receiver then you dont need that parameter(ResolveVirtualReceiver).

ECC side configuration is right, in PI because of cache or module missing or some other reason it is failing, if you check in NWA log viewer you will get proper error message for this, based on the error we can fix this problem.

Regards,

Praveen.