cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Deployment PReqs before planning in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,Before posting my query, i would like to draw your attention towards the way we execute our planning ever night; 1) Plan against incoming demand at DC for 50 days, this generating STR 2) Execute production plan against this STR at manufacturing plant to generte PP/DS planned order 3) Execute deployment to confirm STRs against production plan 4) Generate SNP distribution and production plan beyond 50 days in a seperate planning book Now, before executing first step, we delete all the confirmed STRs via backgrond job. However, we believe this is causing system to delete and regenerate huge volume of confirmed STRs each night, thus causing load on teh EBAM table. So, we are now looking at removing this job. While doing some negative testing, I come across a scenario: What if the sales order is cancelled? The way our schedule is setup, following would be the sequence of event from the day sales order is punched; 1) Sales order arrives at a DC 2) DC heuristic generates PReq against the sales order 3) PP run, generated production plan against Preq 4) Deployment run confirms PReq based on production plan Now, let us assume that this sales order place on DC is cancelled. Following steps will be executed as a part of the planning schedule 1) DC Heuristic will see no demand, hence no PReq generated, however existing DPReq will be retained as fixed 2) PP run, will retain the production plan as the DPReq is still an open demand 3) Planner may realize that he is over producing As long as we are in MTS scenario, this shouldn’t be a problem However, MTO scenario may put planners in a situation wherein they may end up over producing. The only way I can see at the moment to manage this excess production is to ask planners to refer to the Excess SOH alert and delete the planned order manually. Is there any other way out? Also, please let us know if planners can manage the excess production by looking up the alerts, is it safe to take away the deletion job? Thanks Rishi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand.   In an MTO scenario, there is no plan.  Once a Sales Order is created the production order and pur req's are created. There is no possibility of overplanning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken,

However consider once the STR is confirmed by the deployment and there after I take away the sales order (possibly due to customer request).

I checked that corresponding heuristic run at the DC doesn't delete the confirmed STR. Which would mean that the sales order no longer exist, but we will end up producing against the confirmed STR which is an open demand.

How do we manage this apart from deleting all the confirmed STRs every night?

On option is I ask planners to refer to the alerts and react accordingly to delete the extra manufacturing order. Anything apart from that?

Regards,

Rishi

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct. SNP will not delete deployment req's.  That is by design.   You should convert these into STO's.  If the demand goes away, how will the system know w/o replanning?

So if you need to, you will need to run a job to delete all open deployment STR's.  But then you will need to recreate the ones that will need to be converted into STO's.  How will you determine this?

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ken,

I was wondering if the alerts would play an important role here. Planners to review alerts and look for Excess Stock, based on which they can react and correct the situation.

I agree this would need some manual intervention.

What are your views?#

Thanks

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishikesh

Definitely alert will play a big role in such cases.

We had similar topic but not with STRs but with POs in VMI scenario.

In case demand is dropped at DCs we suppose to push out our POs to avoid any excess stock at DCs.

We have created a small macro alerts where we use to identity the bucket in which we have PO and then comparing the safety stocks levels in previous buckets. In case we are above safety stock in previous bucket then highlight this PO so planner get alerted and decide if we require to push the respective PO.

Would say, in you case you can write similar alert macros and highlight the business scenario to planners.

Thanks

Amol