SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Industry sector in Article master record

AliaksandrDrozd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi to all.

I'm using IDoc ARTMAS to create new articles in SAP Retail system. But I have a problem with filling field MARA-MBRSH ("Industry sector"). This field always empty if article was created through IDoc uploading. When I create article manualy with MM41 MARA-MBRSH ("Industry sector") always filled with "1".

In IDoc ARTMAS I didn't find any field like "Industry sector" so I think that it should be filled automaticaly.

Without "industry sector" in article listing doesn't work correct. Article segments (MARC, MBEW, and so on) are not created.

Could you please give me some advise to find the problem source?

14 REPLIES 14

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Its better you fill up the industry sector of the material since it gives basic understanding about the material.

But it is not possible to change the industry sector of the material once it is created.

You have to delete the same & recreate with correct industry sector.

Please search SCN posts for the same.

Best Regards,

Radheshyam P.

0 Kudos

The problem is that I can't find field "Industry sector" in ARTMAS IDoc. Articles that were created through Idoc don't have this attribute in MARA-MBRSH

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Can you please provide more details on how you have defined distribution of ARTMAS in distribution model (Transaction: BD64)? Also let us know the details on the partner profile (LS) for this inbound ARTMAS processing.

Also let us know what ARTMAS extension you are using for article master creation.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit.

As I can see there is no distribution model for ARTMAS. We get article recordes using SAP PO (Process Orchestration) from external sources and than SAP PO create inbound IDocs in SAP Retail system.

Partner profile (WE20):

Process code (WE42):

We use Basic type ARTMAS08 but we don't use any enhancement for ARTMAS. More over I'm not sure if it is possible.

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

As highlighted by Paul, are all the basic settings for IS Retail in place?

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Are you using a Z process code for a reason?  A standard inbound ARTMAS message should process with standard process code: BAPI.

-- Paul

0 Kudos

Hm, intresting question. I've created Z process code because I couldn't find suitable standart process code. I'll try process code 'BAPI'.

Thank you for advice.

0 Kudos

Unfortunately it hasn't helped.

paul_gendreau
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander:

Please go to the IMG > Logistics - General > Basic Data Retail > General Control, Retail Master Data

In the section named Control Parameters for Article Master, maintain Retail Industry Sector with a value of 1.

If you have this missing, then is more basic IS-Retail configuration missing?  For example, is there an assigned reference DC and Store?

- Paul

--------------------------------------------------

Paul R Gendreau, Jr

SAP Retail, Inc

0 Kudos

Hi Paul.

I've checked this parametr, it's - ok. I think that when I create article using MM41 "retail Industry sector" parameter transfers to master record. But I can't understand why it doesn't happen with IDoc ARTMAS.

We don't have sites in our project so reference plant for stores is empty

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Can you paste the control record of one of the IDoc here?

I am not familier with SAP PO. But when we used to setup distribution model for ARTMAS, we used BAPI message type with RetailMaterial.Clone method.

You can try setting up a distribution model for ARTMAS and check.

Also give some details on what error you are facing in listing.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit.

Here control records of one IDoc ARTMAS (Idoc From SAP PO):

Right now I don't want to make any changes (It's not my responsibility).

About listing. I use assortment modules (WSO1/WSO2). After including article in assortment module listing conditions appear in WLK1 but article segments don't create (MARC, MBEW).

During debuging report RWDIFFERENCEMARCWLK1_ENHANCED I noticed that only articles with MARA-MBRSH  = '1' could be handled by report. Than I found that all articles that was created manualy have MARA-MBRSH  = '1', but all articles created using Idoc have empty MARA-MBRSH.

I found that If I fill industry sector in MARA-MBRSH (using SE16N) listing creates article segments after adding article to assortment module.

0 Kudos

Hi Alexdander,

Can you please try to use ARTMAS06 as basic type and see what is the result?

You can change this in the partner profile what basic type is to be used.

Sometime, the latest extended basic type does not work as intended. Just give a try with ARTMAS06 and update the thread with your findings.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thank you for advice. I'll try it.