cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average Sales with respect to a particular Year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, 

I have 3 years (2016, 2015, 2014) of monthly sales data based on 15 Stores coming from a relational database. It was modeled in SAP BO IDT and SAP Lumira consuming the data through SAP Universe Query Panel. Where i am stuck right now how to show three years of sales data by month on the column chart as well as the average of the 2015 year sales only. How can i accomplish this task?

Thanks in advance.

Note :- The dotted line is of 2015 average sales data.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you model the average sales back in the IDT?  It is best to do the calculations (where possible) in the backend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pawlas, thanks for the reply. We do know that majority of the complex calculations should be done at the backend level which will become part of the SAP BO IDT obviously. But with respect to Language Scripting Model, the scripting language of SAP Lumira should be strong enough to handle this kind of scenario. Let suppose, if the calendar year moves to 2017, definitely users will be needing 2016 Average Sales, so again we have to build that part in the backend, refresh it in IDT and bring it again by editing the Data Source in SAP Lumira. I hope, i am able to clarify what we are looking for.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adil,

I tried changing the aggregations in Lumira to average but there was no change.

Then I created a custom average calculation

Would something like that work for your data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pawlas, again thanks for the reply. I had tried this option before but how to restrict that custom calculation for 2015 Year only?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try using the IF statement in the custom calculation - e.g. if year equals 2015 then...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pawals, i use the if condition and it works well. which is

if {DS1.Calendar Year (DIM)} = 2015 then Average({DS1.Sales}) For [{DS1.Calendar Year (DIM)}] else 0

Thanks again for your help and support.

Answers (0)