Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know the SAP System from Authorization object ?

nurul_hassan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

From a given authorization object,for example (V_GB_CNFTX - Activity 02) , How can we know which system (EG: CRM, ISU, ERP) this authorization object belong to ?

Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nurul

If someone gives you a clear business requirement then you shouldn't need to guess the system. I must admit, I rarely use SU53 (Even with recent changes) but in a complex landscape I'll ask for it just to see which system and client users are referring to.

The object shouldn't be the only information as you would need to know which transaction, webdynpro, service, etc that access goes with for SU24 maintenance and proper PFCG role build. IN addition, you want context as to why the access is required (e.g. it's not a misleading piece of access that the user does not NOR should not be assigned)

Finally, you can't map an object straight back to a system as it depends on the component/add-on. Some objects (such as Basis Class) will exist in all systems. However, in the example you give running SUIM object reports or checking TOBJ might allow you to identify the system. Add to that, if you know your solution you might be able to deduce it further based on context of access being asked.

In short, you need more than an object to determine system.

Regards

Colleen

2 REPLIES 2

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nurul

If someone gives you a clear business requirement then you shouldn't need to guess the system. I must admit, I rarely use SU53 (Even with recent changes) but in a complex landscape I'll ask for it just to see which system and client users are referring to.

The object shouldn't be the only information as you would need to know which transaction, webdynpro, service, etc that access goes with for SU24 maintenance and proper PFCG role build. IN addition, you want context as to why the access is required (e.g. it's not a misleading piece of access that the user does not NOR should not be assigned)

Finally, you can't map an object straight back to a system as it depends on the component/add-on. Some objects (such as Basis Class) will exist in all systems. However, in the example you give running SUIM object reports or checking TOBJ might allow you to identify the system. Add to that, if you know your solution you might be able to deduce it further based on context of access being asked.

In short, you need more than an object to determine system.

Regards

Colleen

0 Kudos

Thanx a lot Colleen