cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTOM Attachment using Axis Adapter - help needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have been trying to configure Axis adapter for synchronous webservices - between two client systems.

However, the attachment being sent over in the SOAP request message needs to be an MTOM attachment with XOP include.

I have been following the SAP Note: 0002082212 - Axis adapter handler for MTOM processing.

Can you please guide us to any specific document which helps us configure MTOM using Axis Adapter:

• Wat are the module parameters on the Sender side.
  • Wat are the module parameters on the Receiver side.
  • Is there addl. namespace needed in the PI build WSDL to enable/leverage MTOM attachments on the web service.

Thank you in advance for your valuable inputs!!

Thanks again,

Shravya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shravya,

With this configuration works for me:

Pay attention to the parameter wsld.url, i needed a wsdl to validate, without this, my scenario failed.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs!! Iñaki

Just needed help with a few questions I had

• Sender Comm. Channel: Was the above parameters set on the sender comm. channel as well.
  • Scenario: SOAP to SOAP Synchronous with attachment being sent on the request.
  • Testing from SOAP UI: We have been encountered TTP/1.1 400 Bad request: MIME type invalid (whenever we enable MTOM setting in SOAP UI for attachments)
    • Is there way to resolve this in SOAP UI.
    • Even the sender appl. had complained abt similar error when trying to sent attachment enabling MTOM.
  • WSDL URL: Is this the PI WSDL url you have provided above ?! - can you please let me know if this is the one you got from sender agreement ?!
  • Module MTOM action: serialize or desalinize - is this not needed ?!
    • This was referenced in the note: 0002082212.pdf
  • SOAP action: Can you please let us know wat the above SOAP action is for - should I be adding it by default even though the SOAP action is not there for our service.
  • PI built WSDLs: For PI build WSDL's is there any particular namespave which needs to be added as the attachment is sent in a base64binary field.

Did you deploy all of the below JAR's:

com.sap.aii.adapter.axis.ra.handlers.soap.MTOMProcessingHandler

as we are getting a class not found exception as well.

Your timely help might get us through these issues - Thanks again!!

Thank you,

Shravya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki

Can you please help review my queries above - sorry for the detailed lengthy message - wanted to get all questions clarified as you seem to have configured a similar scenario as the one we are using now.

Thank you,

Shravya

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharvya,

Sorry, i have had a lot of work the last days.

• Sender Comm. Channel: Was the above parameters set on the sender comm. channel as well.

My scenario is proxy-SOAP(Axis), however for testing purposes i did an usual sender SOAP (without Axis adapter), i only needed to set the keep attachments.

• Scenario: SOAP to SOAP Synchronous with attachment being sent on the request.
    I don't know if you have any particularity to use the AXIS protocol, for testing purposes i did a a sender SOAP with the transport and messages protocols by default without problems.

• Testing from SOAP UI: We have been encountered TTP/1.1 400 Bad request: MIME type invalid (whenever we enable MTOM setting in SOAP UI for attachments)

• Is there way to resolve this in SOAP UI.
    • Even the sender appl. had complained abt similar error when trying to sent attachment enabling MTOM.
    Try setting you sender channel as SOAP and to check the checkbox Keep attachments.

• WSDL URL: Is this the PI WSDL url you have provided above ?! - can you please let me know if this is the one you got from sender agreement ?!

No,PI need availbale the wsdl of  the webservice consumed. I had exceptions that right now i don't remember but i think it was validation issues.

• Module MTOM action: serialize or desalinize - is this not needed ?!
    • This was referenced in the note: 0002082212.pdf

Do you have wsse headers or signatures?, in my scenario i didn't need it.

• SOAP action: Can you please let us know wat the above SOAP action is for - should I be adding it by default even though the SOAP action is not there for our service.
    The SOAP action is not mandatory, it depends about the webservice to consume, in my case when a i loaded its wsdl by external tool like SOAP i saw the SOAP action. The SOAP action lets you when you use it the possibility to do different calls for different fucntionalities ( for example: insert, update and so on).

• PI built WSDLs: For PI build WSDL's is there any particular namespave which needs to be added as the attachment is sent in a base64binary field.
    No changes in namespace are necessary. Why do you a base64binay field?, as far i remember the the MTOM works with a CID in the payload to point the attachment.

Did you deploy all of the below JAR's:

com.sap.aii.adapter.axis.ra.handlers.soap.MTOMProcessingHandler

I downloaded the AXIS libraries and later i checked them as note said.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

hello you solved the problem and if you like, you can post the screenshots.