cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send pictures through PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to take pics from ECC system and place it in a file server. I am using single stack PI.

What are the options/ Which adapter can take pics from ECC system.

ECC is sender and File is receiver

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Midhun

U can create a pass through scenario without any mapping in order to populate the pictures in target file system

http://saprainbow.com/sap-pi-adapter/simple-any-file-to-file-scenario-in-id-only-without-esr-objects...

Regards
Nagur

Former Member
0 Kudos

This a jpg image. Which adapter will read it at the sender and receover side?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Midhun,

Configure Sender and receiver file adapters.

Sender adapter will pick the image from SAP ECC AL11 directory and receiver adapter will place it in the target directory.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) ABAP proxy with pic as attachments

2) File to File transfer withous using message mapping

which of the option is best suited for integrating pictures in ECC (sender) with File server(receiver)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

This depends om your ECC system how will they able to give you the image file from their end. But file to file pass through scenario seems to be the easiest solutuon for this requirement.

Thanks,

Apu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's file to file, then where should I tell ECC to keep the images?

In AL 11 or is there any specific folder?

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

In ECC, you can store the images in the installation directory of your ECC system. This is the only directory, which can be used for the data storage.

Please ask your basis team to create a new directory in the ECC file system and ask to drop the image file in that particular folder. Also ask NFS to be enabled for that folder, to be accessed by your PI system. Once done you can create a File Sender channel with NFS as protocol to pick up the file and drop it into your receiver file server.

Please note, AL11 is a t-code to view the configured directories from your file system. Once folder is created, you can configure the view for files to be viewed.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin

If the images can be stored in the installation directory of the ECC system, then it can be FTP ed to the target file server without using PI also

Shouldn't it be a better method, without using PI?

// Also ask NFS to be enabled for that folder, to be accessed by your PI system. //

PI and ECC are different servers, with different ip addresses. So I think we need to ask for FTP to be enabled in the installation folder of ECC and PI File addapter poll using FTP

I think NFS works only if the folder is in PI server not ECC serve

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Midhun,

It is strongly recommended NOT to enable FTP to your ECC system. FTP is highly insecure.

NFS is Network File System sharing. It works for all the systems present on the network. It is not only for PI system. In Ideal case, your ECC system and PI system connect to the same client network, the folders can be accessed through NFS.

Regards,

Nitin

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

You can put it in any of the NFS directory. Just talk to your basis team to create a directory for your interface otherwise you can use an existing one if its ok for you.

Thanks,

Apu

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

The data you are receiving is binary data so by default PI will validate the input xml against the message type which you defined in the repository, you need to disable this by using below options.

• Please remember to remove the software component from the ICO.

• Or you can create the service interface with interface pattern like below.

• Or create a dummy interface in directory.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

which adapter will be used when i pick image from ECC?

So I have to skip entire ESR objects right?

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Both sides file adapter only as already suggested by others. Yes if you want you can skip repository objects.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can file adapter pick from any other place other than AL 11 directory

Reggards

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Midhun,

what is that other place?

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

If your ECC system can put the jpg file in AL11 directory then just create one simple file to file pass through scenario. This will pick the image from AL11 and put in receiver file server path.

Thanks,

Apu

suchitatomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Please refer below bogs might be helpful

From ECC we can get the JPEG  Image in Base64 Encoding string format via Proxy to PI .

Make files accessible for ECC, so that u should see them through  AL11 transaction.

Hope this helps.

Regards

S Tomar