cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Log deletion in PO sigle stack

Former Member

Hi Experts,

We are using PO 7.4 single stack. we are facing issues with message log deletion. When we go to message monitoring page I can see the message content but not the message log( even one day old message). please help me how to rectify this issue.

Quick help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Gayathri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182412
Active Contributor

Hi Gayatri,

By default auditlog entries are saved in memory not in the database, you need to change the parameter as mention in below sap note.

The >= PI 7.1 AF Messaging System does not, by default, persist the audit logs of successfully processed asynchronous messages.

Instead the audit logs for successful asynchronous messages are stored in an internal memory cache which is flushed on system restart. The logs, while stored in the cache, are available for monitoring but cache entries are evicted - using a 'least recently used' (LRU) removal strategy - when the cache is full. The longevity of cache entries is dependent on message throughput.

The audit logs for unsuccessfully processed messages continue to be persisted and are therefore available for troubleshooting.

The Netweaver Administrator navigation to change the property is -

Configuration Management -> Infrastructure -> Java System Properties -> Services -> XPI Service : Messaging System

property -

messaging.auditLog.memoryCache

from the default

'true'

to

'false'.

Check this sap note 1314974 - Successful asynchronous messages - audit log persistence

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have one more observation here. I checked the log randomly what I found is, in my scenario I have 2 channels in ICO. One is file transmission channel and another is mail communication channel.

I could able to view the log for File channel where as in Mail channel the log is not present.

And for IDOC scenario for some of the messages log present and for some messages its not present( messages are of same date atg different timings) Please suggest.

Thanks,

Gayathri.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gayathri,

If you read the note which i mentioned above the audit log is saved in memory and after some time if the memory is full then last message gets deleted from the cache.

For example 1000 audit log messages are saved in memory then file message is 900th message and mail message is 1010th message then the mail message audit log will be deleted because there is a space for last 1000 messages in the cache.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen, I will do the changes and let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Is it possible to extend the cache size for successfull transmitted messages?

Thanks

Jochen_H
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marco

There are two different kind of settings:

• For synchronous scenarios
  • For asynchronous scenarios

Synchronous is a rolling memory of messages (1000 e.g).

Asynchronous is configured by how long messages are persisted (in milliseconds)

What scenario are you using?

Regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen

We have a synchronous scenario. In Message Monitor I can see all the IDOCs in error but only fews(about 2 days) of success or cancelled

Jochen_H
Participant
0 Kudos

In that case you will need to increase the message buffer. You can change the value this way:

• Go to NetWeaver Administrator
  • Go to Configuration -> Infrastructure
  • Go to Java system properties (if that's what it's called, I'm running German)
  • Select tab "Services"
  • Search for "xpi service: messaging system"
  • Search for this parameter: messaging.syncMessageRemover.messageCount
  • Change the value to whatever you need it. Default is 1000 messages in buffer
  • Save it, setting is active immidiately

I hope this helps

Regards

Jochen

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

• It is not recommended to change this parameter because these messages will be stored in a memory, if you configure more number then it will be impact on system performance.
  • I think better to configure logging for this interface and logged messages will be stored by default 7 days.

Regards,

Praveen.

Jochen_H
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Ok, that's a good point.
Logging and not removing the payload would then be a better solution.

Regards

Jochen

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gayathri,

Refer the below blogs

Creating Audit Log Entries - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - SAP Library

Regards

Bhargava Krishna