cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAR and EPA to SDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have to create an EP Business package with web dynpro applications. How can we package the portal contents and web dynpro applications into a single sca/sda package?

As far as I know, the web dynpro EAR files can be converted into SDA files during the assembly process in CMS. The EPA files can be converted to SDA using command line tools of MAKe utilities. Thus there will be two SDA files. Then these SDA files has to be combined into an SCA archive.

Is this the right way do this? Can anyone help me with a better option if any?

Thanks and regards,

Shyam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

continue to this post, i have a question.

Hi, Gurus:

i read onlie help , it says"You can find the ‚Make’ utilities in the portal with System Administration ® Support ® Support Desk. Click on the top-level area for Transport. The SAP ‚Make’ utilities are provided for downloading under the test and configuration tools. Make’ utilities, see Note 696084. "

however, i couldnt find this utility in portal 7.0.

Anyone knows if command line had replaced command in portal?

Br,

Nikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you perform an export within portal administration, individual portal content objects are combined into an archive with EPA format.

EAP and EPA archives must first be combined into SDA archives.Then SDA to SCA.

The conversion to SDA and SCA formats make it possible for the archives to be deployed to the portal with the SAP Software Deployment Manager.

Refer to this link for more infomation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/50/842240852e8f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm

You can use sapmake_util tool to create sda & sca

For information about sapmake_util tool refer to this note:696084