cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid Create OT in foreground from VL06P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

according to our business scenario we need to avoid the user to create OT in foreground from VL06P transaction. (VL06P in background should remain active).

This in order to reach the goal of respecting FIFO in shipping goods.

Going in foreground in fact the users are able to by-pass FIFO.

Do you know how this requirement could be reached?

Since from a profile point of view it's not possible to disable LT03 only for foreground process, the solution I'm thinking about is to create a custom transaction as copy from VL06P removing create in foreground button.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Angelo Gaiatto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option could be create a new variant in VL06P where you have the option "Only for Background processing".  Also, dont forget to check the box "Protect Variant"

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

might be i was not so clear in my explanation.

The goal i'd want to reach is to avoid the functionaly To in foreground (see the attached).

VL06P should be used in foreground but OT creation only in background.

Many thanks

Angelo Gaiatto

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try with Transaction variants with Tcode SHD0 in making this foreground option visible for some users only..You can assign/remove users as & when required with this method too..

Hope it may help you..

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tried SHD0 in DEV environment and I was able to disable creation of OT in foreground.

When I try to move it in Quality environment, even if all seems aligned (it means Standard variant, Transaction Variant,variant Group, screen variant, assignement have been created as in DEV environment) , OT in foreground functionality still remains actve.

Do you know if it's necessary to re-generate something?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Angelo Gaiatto

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you click on the i button provided in the t.code SHD0 and check the documentations provided in it for resolution? The documentation provided under "Transport" can give you some guidelines on handling your issue.

Couple of OSS notes also you can refer;

331360 - Transaction variants are not always possible

547763 - FAQs: Transaction variants

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just found the parameter that drives LT03 functionality and how it's possible to disable it by SHD0: it's linked to a specific setting in VL06P:

if  grid control is enabled then  Creation of OT in foreground is disabled (same behavior in different environments, see attached).

Now my question is: is it possible to disable the creation in foreground if List type = Multilevel list?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Many thanks

Angelo G.