Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDM-GRC Integration

muthavarapu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All -

I am implementing the SAP IDM to SAP GRC integration for my client. But the client requesting that the access request will be initiated from GRC system instead of SAP IDM. GRC system will be served for Risk analysis and complete workflow approvals. SAP IDM will take care only provisioning process.

What I would like to know here is at the end of the workflow completion (got all approvals) in GRC, what are the various scenarios to push the request info to the IDM system for provisioning? Please explain the scenarios at high level.

I did not get any SAP documentation for this kind of scenario. If you have any please suggest me.

Appreciate for your input and Thanks in advance.

- Nag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

the scenario you want to implement is not supported anymore as far as I know. It is also not described in the official documentation for the integration anymore (SAP NetWeaver Identity Management  Complia... | SCN).

As I recall the scenario it was like this: When it was a supported scenario it was very challenging to be setup due to its technical architecture. Basically GRC is doing an SPML call to an identity provider, which was setup in the VDS and deployed on a J2EE engine. Thus IdM was known to GRC as a kind of SPML destination. Maybe its still possible to be setup technically but it is not used by any customer I know, nor supported, means you do some custom implementation which you should try before you start a project (PoC).

Regards

Norman

muthavarapu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Norman - Thanks for your reply. Definitely it would be helpful to understand the dynamics of the scenario. Yes, I too also did not find any official documentation.

All - Please share your thoughts and experiences on this scenario.

Thanks,

Nag