Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Saved Searches in Solman 7.1 - issue with layouts

former_member187014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are exploring the use of the Central Sharing Tool in ChaRM and I have created a Saved Search with a specific Default Layout.

When I share this Saved Search with other colleagues they can open the Saved Search but the Default Layout that I created is not visible to them?

I found this blog which I found useful in the process on how we can create Saved searches...

but it does not have any reference to the issue we appear to be having with the Default View for the Saved Search that I created not appearing for the user who I am sharing the Saved search with.

Regards,

Gary B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

I think default layout you are referring here is about the search criteria you are having.

If yes, Please can you show the steps for creation of search criteria and shared process.

Thanks

Rishav

former_member187014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishav,

Unfortunately I am unable to share the screens but the process I have used is as follows:

1. Under menu path Change Request Mgmt > Search Requests for Change I created a saved search as 'Test1'
  2. Within this Saved search I then selected the Personalize icon and created a Default View (Test View) which contained 2 columns and saved the search.
  3. I then selected the 'Share' option and under Central Sharing Tool I selected this Saved Search and shared this with a user

When the user logs onto ChaRM and selects Home and under the 'My Sharebox' the saved search appears but when the user selects this search the Default View (Test View) is not available - only the standard view is available.

Regards,

Gary B