Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic upload of ECCN and CC

former_member275205
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Can you please let me know is there any standard program for automatic uploading of ECCN and Commodity code. At present I uploading XML file manually.

For ECCN upload I use steps- Compliance Mgmt.-- Classification/Master data -- Upload ECCNs from XML file.

For CC upload steps -- Customs Mgmt. -- Classification -- Classification master data -- Upload CC from XML file.

What is the difference between ECCN and ECCNs ?

Appreciate if you can confirm at the earliest.

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

No, nothing standard to automate the process.

ECCNs is simply the plural.

Regards,

Dave

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member275205
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dhilipan,

If I want to create license automatically what process I need to follow ?

Regards

Ramesh

former_member275205
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

kul_vaibhav
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Whats the business process that you need to create a new license for each Sales Order? It would be good to create a new thread for this question.

regards,

Kul Vaibhav

former_member275205
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srini and Dave,

I forgot to ask few more things.

1- My client creates license manually always. They want it should be automated ?

2- During transferring for Commodity code from GTS to ECC. Most of the time it's not updating Material master.

3- Mass product classification not happening properly. If anything wrong with Numbering scheme then please let me know what correction required ?

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

1- For license upload, please use program /SAPSLL/UPLOAD_LICENSES.

2) Trasfer of commodity code- Please see the reason for not having those updated in material master.

Following are the list of scenarios, where it might fail

•     Material master in ECC is locked.
  •     Material master is not extended to a plant in the country for which you have classified in GTS.
  •     If your commodity code has an External UoM whcih is mapped to a SAP unit. And if this unit is not part of UoM conversion in the material master.

3) Mass product classification- Please list down the issues, so we can help.

Regards

Dhilipan

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

we are also uploading the Licenses manually, but as Dhilipan  suggested using the Program:/SAPSLL/UPLOAD_LICENSES, we can upload the licenses in GTS. but for that you need to convert the License data into CSV format and upload it.

for Commodity Code Transfer issue, please let me know more about the issue as where you are getting the error? is the issue at the time of  transferring in GTS or in ECC. please share the Screen Shots if you have for a better understanding.

which program you are using ? is it   

/SAPSLL/STAWN_RETRANSFER  - GTS

/SAPSLL/STAWN_RETRANSFER_R3 in ECC

Thanks,

Srinivas Yellampalli

former_member275205
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Srini,

Can you please let me know why you suggesting to convert the data into CSV format. If I will convert into CSV then what exact format I need to selcet ?

- Do I need to select CSV MS DOS, CSV Macintosh or CSV Comma delimited.

For re-transfer of CC I use /SAPSLL/STAWN_RETRANSFER .

- I do not get any error but my material master data do not update properly. I mean sometimes not and sometimes does.

As per Dhiplan suggestion I checked master data it's not locked and it has extended to plant as well.

I could not get this point " If your commodity code has an External UoM whcih is mapped to a SAP unit. And if this unit is not part of UoM conversion in the material master. "

Regards

Ramesh

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

you can try to use the CSV Comma delimited format.  Try in your Test System or Sandbox then you can implement it in your GTS landscape .

for the CC retransfer the program you are using is the right one. but let me know are you executing the Program :/SAPSLL/STAWN_RETRANSFER_R3 in ECC ? if you do this then only it will be updated in the relevant Master Data Tables.

even i am not sure what Dhilipan is suggesting in his point of External UoM for CC.

Thanks ,

Srinivas Y

former_member275205
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Srini,

Still I could not get the purpose for suggesting CSV file ?

Yes I use this pgm:/SAPSLL/STAWN_RETRANSFER_R3 in ECC. Is there any constraint with languagge ?

Regards

Ramesh

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

if you execute the program : /SAPSLL/UPLOAD_LICENSES , it is showing clearly as Upload Licenses to GTS in CSV format . it seems SAP has given only this option alone.

Regarding the issue with CC retransfer, are you able to view the message screen as 'Retransfer Commodity Codes to Feeder System', and in that you might be able to view the message stating as

'Feeder System : XXXXXX

Transferred Material/Commodity Code Relationships:

Country : XX  Commodity Code : XXXXXXXX             Material Number :XXXX-XXX

this specify that the retransfer of CC to ECC is successful.

after this we need to execute the Program : /SAPSLL/STAWN_RETRANSFER_R3 in ECC and the data will be updated in 3 tables T604,T604T and MARC.

if you are able to view the above mentioned message after executing the Program, then the data must be updated in the above mentioned Tables.

if this is not coming then you need to take the help of your Technical Consultant to identify the Root Cause by debugging.

Please check and let me know if you still have any further clarifications on this.

Thanks,

Srinivas Y

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

in Standard SAP the Process the Product Classification / Nomenclature Codes(ECCNs, Commodity Codes, Tariff Codes , HTS Codes, OGA Codes etc.,) are uploaded using the Transaction Codes. no automation exists for any data uploads (SPL Data, Licenses, Commodity, Tariff and ECCN Codes).

for ECCNs T-Code: /n/SAPSLL/LLNS_UPL002

Commodity Code : /n/SAPSLL/LLNS_UPL102

Tariff Code : /n/SAPSLL/LLNS_UPL101

if you want this process to be automated, then you need to use file share to drop the files and then write a customized program by copying the above mentioned transaction programs to upload the Classification Codes .

but even if you have uploaded automatically, the manual intervention is must where you need to make sure that no issues or errors while uploading the files and sometimes you need to do re-Classification for few or all Products. it is better to use manually uploading of these files.

To achieve this you need to do enhancement with the help of your Technical team.

if you have any further clarifications , please let us know.

Regards,

Srinivas Yellampalli

former_member275205
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks All for your nice explanation.

I forgot to ask few more things.

1- My client creates license manually always. They want it should be automated ?

2- During transferring for Commodity code from GTS to ECC. Most of the time it's not updating Material master.

3- Mass product classification not happening properly. If anything wrong with Numbering scheme then please let me know what correction required ?

Regards

Ramesh

former_member275205
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

Can you please share your experience my above mentioned query ?

Thanks

Ramesh