Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Control record for partner Type KU

tinu_n
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Scenario is File to IDOC, and this is not a B2B scenario.

Sender partner type is LS and receiver partner type is KU.

Can you please help me, whether i would need to create a receiver party if the partner type is KU?

I created a party-less communication for the IDOC Receiver and File sender, but by default IDOC is getting created with Receiver Partner type as LS.

Iam working on SAP PI 7.1.

Thanks,

Tinu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor

There are multiple way to achieve this requirement where you need to send a Customer KU as the Sender Partner type when sending the IDoc.

1. Map SNDPRN and SNDPRT to KU and corresponding partner number respectively in the EDI_DC40 and select option -> Take Sender from Payload in the Idoc Adapter.
  2. Create a Receiver Party and assign below values. In receiver agreement perform Header mapping and select this Receiver Party for Header Mapping.
    • AGENCY = Receiver SAP Sytem Logicial System
    • Scheme = ALE#KU
    • Name = <PartnerNumber>
  3. Assign the Receiver Party and Service as created in Receiver Determination

I would recommend Option 1 as the easiest and simplest but do make sure that the Partner number is same in both QA and Production. If the Partner number value will change,. you would need to make sure you make this configurable through Parametrized Mappings or Value Mapping..

Regards

Bhavesh

tinu_n
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your help, issue resolved by adding the receiver Party with the value ALE#KU.

Thanks,

Tinu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tinu,

In idoc scenario, The default value will be always Logical System (Sender tag under Constants Tab in mapping), So you have to map the values for the control record in the message mapping from the payload.

Mark the communication channel to make sure the sender value will be got from the message mapping by checking a checkbox.

Thanks

Selva

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tinu,

Check this blog

Regards,

Praveen.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tinu,

Have you got the control record in the payload?, there is an option "Apply Control Record Values from Payload" in your receiver channel.

Regards.

tinu_n
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Iam getting the values for the control record from mapping and applied the option "Apply Control record from payload" in channel, but when the IDOC is getting posted to ECC, its not taking the value KU for the partner Type instead its taking the default value LS.

Control Record from Mapping:

<SNDPOR>DX1CLNT504</SNDPOR>

<SNDPRT>LS</SNDPRT>

<RCVPOR>SAPDR1</RCVPOR>

<RCVPRT>KU</RCVPRT>

<RCVPRN>1000215</RCVPRN>

But when i checked the IDOC Outbound XML, below is the value generated

<SAP:SNDPOR>SAPDX1</SAP:SNDPOR>

<SAP:SNDPRT>LS</SAP:SNDPRT>

<SAP:RCVPOR>SAPDR1</SAP:RCVPOR>

<SAP:RCVPRN>DR1CLNT507</SAP:RCVPRN>

<SAP:RCVPRT>LS</SAP:RCVPRT>

its not taking the value RCVPRN as 1000215 and RCVPRT as LS, because of this values its failing in ECC.

Thanks,

Tinu

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tinu,

No need of party.

It depends on how you map the control records?

Are you mapping the control records?